Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
that time of year....call it the winter blues... wake up every morning...look out the window while sipping coffee and get the reality check that no riding today...again...so whats to do.....

suppose to head up to rochester,ny this friday for my grand daughters first birthday party on saturday....

weather will play a big factor whether that trip goes off or not...shame she wasn't born a few months later...would have made a nice mc trip....hope the next one is more considerate...

have to work on super sunday...so will have to leave early sunday morning to make it on time and hope weather conditions don't cause any delays...boss already told me...don't want to hear any bs...no one else will be here...plan accordingly...hear me....yeah sure... hope someone brings in a tv and the boss provides a spread.... yeah sure.....

super sunday should be a national holiday btw....would be willing to swap out one of the other holidays if need be... don't know which one...any ideas....maybe thanksgiving...same principal...sit around all day with friends and family that you really want to be with...pigging out...watching football...pigging out some more...won't even mention the drinking part...lets face it...society has decided it has no longer become a family day but more the start of the holiday shopping season...and it should be moved to saturday...recover on sunday....fat chance... odds of that happeneing the same as another super bowl being held in any open stadium in the north again the way the media has been complaining this past week...whining crybabies...guess if i was one of them I too would rather have my all expenses paid trip for two weeks to be had somewhere where I'd be wearing short sleeves and shorts rather than in artic conditions..still a bunch of whining wimps....

could always take my artificial xmas tree down...tradition here has the tree staying up till Feb 1st... nah...still got 4 days...do it tommorrow.

guess I'll have another cup of coffee and contemplate the problems of my world...have a nice day all.

·
Registered
20,172 Posts
Just sittinng home finishing my pot of coffee annd watching the temps drop. It was 13°when I got up at 5. Here it is getting close to noon and it's. now4° and still falling. The wind is pretty steady at 25-35 mph.
Supposed to be colder tomorrow with a high of -5°.
Guess I will make another half pot and contimplate if I want to do anything or just lay around luke the others in the house.

·
Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so guess it could be worse...

high of -5... hmmmmmmm...

could be residing in Leominster,Ma...recently added to the list of "10 angriest cities to live in"

then again....

Beez has found a better way to deal w/the winter blues....

might be time to take a ride to replenish the shoo-fly pie stash... in the cage of course...

new idea of a morning ritual might be in order once the riding season begins...only add a few more minutes.....triple digit of course....

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
So why dont you plan another "pie eyed pie ride" for the next nice day , at the pa pie house . We had a good turnout for the last one.

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Well, I am royally F#@k'd...... I don't really drink coffee (don't even have any in the house)....
I work at night, mostly solo.........
suffering from the winter blues and PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome)
S#!t, if it wasn't for Weber I am pretty sure I would have re-inacted "The Shining" already......

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Hey yeah DC, another shoo-fly rally in Pa. The only thing you better call ahead to reserve your pies this time. Or at least leave enough time so I can lead you to another source.

·
Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"pie eyed pie ride"...I like that Ed...definitely going to have to do it again after last years turn out....and definitely going to call ahead to "reserve" some pies...don't want to piss anyone off again when I question why a place specializing in pies runs out of pies early in the day...

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
It's them dang Jersey tourist people taking our pies home every Sunday morning before we can get to them. I tell you if it wasn't for the money they pay to get out of their state and into ours we'd pass a law.

·
Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah...lets blame all dem folk from Nu Joisey....pain in the a**es...all of dem....always creating problems wherever they go...wait a minute I lived in jersey back in the late 60's early 70's....

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Hey I spent the first 30 years of my life trying to get the cash together to pay the toll to get out of Jerseee.
I think them taxes and road tolls are designed to keep you poor and in state.
Wasn't there just something about them shutting down bridges to keep the poor in state?

·
Super Moderator
20,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
remember back in 1970...drinking age in nj was 21...ny was 18 and bars stayed open till 4 am...lived off rt 46...ridgefield...15 minutes from the city.. always broke but always managed to pay the gw bridge toll...25 cents or was it 50 cents... 25 cent tap beers at any bar... good ol days.

·
Super Moderator
57,538 Posts
You have to pay to leave Jersey. On toll roads it's free to get in but the tolls are always when you leave. You have to pay to move out of state.

·
Super Moderator
57,538 Posts
I remember it the early 70's when the drinking age was 18 in NJ. We had muscle cars of the era. I remember driving this guys gorgeous '71 Mach 1 home as he was too drunk to drive. It was black with white gut and white stripes. Just a beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
yep 21 in pa 18 in nj - guess what all the border kids did then- drink and drive!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts