Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,692 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Trade it in on an M109.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's a 50ci engine. You're not going to be able to get much more out of it than what it's already giving you.

·
Registered
19,828 Posts
Trade it in on a bigger bike.

No, seriously. There's nothing you can do to the C50 that will give it more useable power. A performance intake, pipes and a fuel processor will net you a total of 4 hp, all for a cool $1500. Sure, that's a 10% increase over stock (the stock engine produces 44.5hp at the rear wheel), but it's not enough to make the bike perform any better. Throttle response will be slightly better and you will have a louder exhaust, but it won't turn this into a bigger bike.

Reactions: Lihpster and htlong

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm with the majority on this one. I like the look and sound of my Jardine exhaust, but I didn't expect a ton more power from installing those and rejetting the carb. I'm planning on keeping this bike for a bit and then upgrading to one of it's bigger brothers. That will stay my long trip/commuter bike and the current bike will turn into a stripped down bobber....... or sold to make room for another project.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I would take a hypercharger if someone wanted to give me one, but again.... that's mainly for the looks.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Trade it in on a bigger bike.

No, seriously. There's nothing you can do to the C50 that will give it more useable power. A performance intake, pipes and a fuel processor will net you a total of 4 hp, all for a cool $1500. Sure, that's a 10% increase over stock (the stock engine produces 44.5hp at the rear wheel), but it's not enough to make the bike perform any better. Throttle response will be slightly better and you will have a louder exhaust, but it won't turn this into a bigger bike.
Better to take the money and buy a used sport bike for when you have a need for speed. There's a reason these bikes are classed as cruisers. They do that well. Other things, not so well. And welcome to the forum and C-50 ownership!

·
Super Moderator
60,054 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Trade it in on an M109.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's a 50cc engine. You're not going to be able to get much more out of it than what it's already giving you.
805cc ;)

·
Registered
66 Posts
They can only deny the warranty if they can prove the mod caused the failure.

While I agree with most of what's said here, if you like the bike and you aren't a power hungry hooligan that won't be happy without 100 lb/ft of torque, there are certainly cheap options that will give your bike better response, and more of a roar, making it FEEL faster and more bad a$$, without spending $1500.

The Gman Bully and intake package is a little over $300. You can gut the stock pipes and put some glasspacks, cherry bombs, or thrush mufflers in there to give it a rumble for $25-$50 and a sawzall.

These mods have completely fooled me into thinking my bike has enough power for another year or so... But I'm one of those hooligans I was talking about. And while it's definitely more fun to ride then when it was stock, if I'd spent $1500 for similar results, I'd be pissed off.

Reactions: XJMatt

·
Administrator
53,664 Posts
Another HP add on is a Nitrous Oxide Kit for Motorcycles.
Greater power gains than any other bolt on means.
Strictly used for occasional short bursts of horsepower, not for continuous usage.
Forget about the warranty if using an N2O system.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Best and cheapest mod you can do, that may make it feel and sound better, ...

Honest Abe Exhaust Mod. Search and ye shall find a number of threads: Honest Abe Mod

It will sound better. But, As far as your warranty goes, (my 2-bits worth), ... "if the dealer doesn't honor it, it's toast."

I just went through a battle with the folks that handle the Suzuki Extended Warranty. It's not Suzuki Corporate that warrants their bikes. They sell the warranty to a third party, instead of honoring it themselves. My engine seized at 85k 2 months before the warranty was up. If your not a resident of California, the warranty is not worth the paper it's written on. California law does not allow exclusions. The warranty company will find something to void their responsibility. That will include any mod that "may" affect the engine. Including changing the air filter to get more air flow.

The original dealer that sold the warranty wouldn't touch it.
The local Suzuki only Dealership didn't want to have anything to do with it.

Took some time to find one that would, and then many months fighting with the tricks the warranty company kept pulling to try and get out of it.

Word of Wisdom. Keep detailed records of everything you do to the C50. Oil changes, valve adjustments, filter changes, tire changes, etc. Everything. Then wait until the warranty is up before modding anything related to the C50.

BTW, ... my 2013 C50T, up until it seized, ran like a dream, was extremely reliable. Never had a problem that I could not fix, that would prevent me from riding.

:cool::cool::cool:

·
Super Moderator
4,471 Posts
There's no replacement for displacement.. Go bigger.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts