Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I did this to my 2008 Boulevard C50T. I started out with the factory passenger pegs. That did not work. Then I did the modification using the Kuryakyn Longhorn mounts. That idea I got from the sticky thread here. The only difference was that I used the cobra floorboards. The issue I was having is that there was too much flex and one of the floorboards was starting to keep moving downwards in the front. When my wife gets on she pretty much puts all of her weight on it. So I decided to just make the mount a little different and eliminate the longhorn arm and stock mount. I used 3/16 90dg steel. I did have to get things shaved down just right to make sure that the Kuryakyn mount wouldn't move around but in the end it came out pretty nice. Here are some pictures. They are super sturdy and as low as they can be without hitting the exhaust. I hope they are comfortable for my wife. We'll soon see.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is a picture of the bike. I don't have too many real good pictures of it. It came with the blue ghost flames painted on the tank and blue ghost flames on the fenders. I took the stickers off and repainted the tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
19,903 Posts
Looks good. Great job.
Just watch the right side. I did something similar and had to readjust cause wifey didn't keep her foot squarely centered and melted some of her sole on the exhaust.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, it seems like the exhaust is just high on the bike. I can see how that would happen if you decide to stretch your legs just a tiny bit. I may have to modify them and move them forward, but we will see. I will update and post more pictures. My last picture is with they kuryakyn longhorns still on there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts