Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Weekend my husband and I attended a bike show (our first) put on by the local police dept. motorcycle riders in Mt Airy (not the Blue Knights) and Lonestar Restaurant for an officers family ( 2 daughters and himself ) who were in a devastating car accident in December. I worked several hours on getting my hubby's bike polished and spotless and gave mine a quick once over as I had not planned to show. When we pulled in the lot I decided to put my "06 C50C Bully" in the show just so I could contribute to the cause and I got to park next to my better half and our "biker bud", Nocona the wonder dog. I just knew that with only seven or eight metric bikes and many, many Harley's, that my husband would come away with a trophy for metric custom. When first place was called out I looked at my number on my headlight and couldn't fathom why my husband won third (called out earlier) and the Bully placed 1st. I was proud of my bike , but compared to many bikes on this forum I consider my bike as a "moderately modified" ride. When they called my number for first place, my first thought was " But I worked soooo hard on cleaning your bike? " . Did I say that out loud?? ##**, I guess I did. Another Sterling Senior Moment. The women in the crowd commiserated with me as I heard them chuckling in the background. It was a fun day with good company and music and hopefully we were able to contribute to paying off some huge medical bills. I love my C50C and my better half just the way they are...not always spotless but definately custom. :wink:

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
It was the pooch factor I tell ya ! she Cheated!! :lol: :wink:

·
Premium Member
28,465 Posts
Congrats Graywolf! 8)

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
pics....just cause your gallery is empty!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all....and as for the pooch factor, my husband chauffeurs her around. Hence why I thought he and Nocona were a shoe in for 1st place..LOL :lol: I don't know where all of the pics are from my gallery..Has anyone else lost theirs from their gallery since the new server?? I haven't done any mods since last year so I thought the pictures were still there. :shock: :roll:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Pictures lost

Yes, everyone lost their pictures in their photo gallery when the site was upgraded. Please post new picture..would like to see. Congrats.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will be working on posting pic's. :roll: I've been out of the loop for a little while, sorry to say. BTW, BWilson I love your pipes!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Congrats Graywolf! Must be the pearl white with ghost flames that makes it a winner. :wink: I'd love to see pics of your bike too.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Pics

Please check my profile. Sorry for the delay.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
As I said in another post it is a pleasure to look at other people's pearl whites. Getting tons of customisation ideas for mine.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts