Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #1
everyday lately...another opinion from players not affiliated with the teams in question...all agree...not acceptable...strip the titles...hold the players accountable, not just the management...however...lack of any leadership at the top pretty much tells any baseball player...its ok to cheat...fans will eventually move on and continue to pay huge $$$ to support this farce of a professional sport...nothing will change...eventually it'll all get swept under the rug and life in the baseball world will go on until the next dark cloud of corruption appears in a different form. Barnum & Bailey would be proud...in the world of baseball fans...there are suckers born every minute...

For me, a lifelong baseball fan...its been fun...some good memories, but lately too many bad issues that seem to outweigh any positives the sport itself should be providing, especially to the youth of America, in what has been always been considered Americas Favorite Pastime...

This recent saga has left too much of a bitter taste for me...I can't seem to justify having any interest in following a sport that has the perfect opportunity to set a precedent and yet chooses to do nothing ...so... time to move on. Permanently.

Maybe I'll start a professional miniature golf league.

Super Moderator
My favorite past time was kissing the girls being a little league baseball star and all.
Hope this helps 馃槈

Super Moderator
I quit watching sports about 20 years ago. All of the athletes complaining that they don't make enough money when they are raking in millions for doing something that regular people do as a hobby. I'm not necessarily blaming the players, they bring in the money for the industry and should get a fair cut, but it seems that there's far too much money in sports these days, and it's at the expense of the fans.

Why does it cost so much for tickets to games? Why do they black out games and insist that you have to have some uber special top tier cable package so you can see them?

Now they're talking about giving money to the college players, which is just going to taint those franchises too.

I give up on them all. A pox on all of their houses. I'll read a book or troll an internet forum if I need some entertainment.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #4
rather spend my time here on this board, play some music in the backround, and annoy people...a lot more entertaining for me and it costs me nothing.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #5
used to go to Shea Stadium back in the 70's with my best friend every Friday nite to watch the mets when they were home...could get a box seat field level between home and first for $6...couple of beers...something to eat...total cost of the night...under $20...today, that won't even pay for the parking...

Super Moderator
Yeah. My boys got free tickets to see a Braves game at one point. After paying for parking, four hot dogs, and four sodas, I was out almost $100 for that "free" game.

Administrator
You aren't getting close to Fenway Park on game night without paying $40+ for parking. When I get free tickets I give them away.

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
a few years ago, this guy my daughter was dating, his father was a yankee fan, just moved to NY city from Chicago... recently retired and living in somewhere close to Central Park tells me money isn't a concern...anywho...tells his son he'd like to meet me and my daughter and would like to take us to Yankee Stadium...tell him sure...so we meet him there, pick up the tickets at will call...box seats just past first base...Friday night game...regular season...around the 3rd inning I offer to get some food and drinks...everyone says soda and a dog..thats it I ask..yep..thats all..go to the window place my order for 4 dogs/4 sodas...girl says that will be $56...I turn around to see who she is talking to...she tells me she's talking to me..I ask her $56 for what...she says 4 dogs / 4 sodas... ok...pay her...take the food and carefully go back to the seats...definitely can't afford to bump into anyone and dump the tray...

game finishes...good time...average game...get along well w/the dad..shot & beer kinda guy...tell him the next games on me...look at my daughter and say..right..she says sure dad...raising her eyebrows...

get home...log onto Stub Hub...look for a regular season game at Yankee Stadium ...similar seats...yep they are there...$225 a seat...not for 4 tickets...1 ticket...throw up...call my daughter and ask her...you know how much those tickets are...she says...sure do...only wish I was there to see your face when you saw the price...don't worry , I don't reaaly think he expects you to return the favor...he's loaded...I tell her, maybe he'd be interested in seeing the Minor League Brooklyn Cyclones...sure dad whatever...

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #14
Yogi...good name for a dog...which considering the time I wasted posting this thread could have been better invested looking for one.

Registered
The cheating scandal has ruined the game for me. Both the Astros and the Red Sox should be stripped of their crowns and the teams stripped of any earnings from their World's Series victories. It is like when McGuire and Bonds started ripping all those home runs in the late 90s, in their mid to late thirties. None of those titles should count if you cheated to get there,

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter #16
if you remember back when Mac & Sosa were doing their home run derby, baseball was in the process of some other turmoil, probably a player strike or something that soured the fan...so they replace the balls with juiced up balls and suddenly everyones hitting hr's like crazy...all of a sudden, the sucker baseball fan forgets why he was upset and quickly gets caught up in this frensy of someone actually with a chance of breaking Maris's record...don't be surprised if the same sort of scenario finds its way early into the season so people get sidetracked into whatever it is they come up with to distract the fan.

Premium Member
Drugs, cheating, juiced balls....whatever! Let's face it,the game of the good ol' days is long gone. Let's just throw away all the rules and have a free-for-all and see where it ends up. I can imagine a future game where the steriod pumping players look like circus freaks, smashing balls out of the stadium and running up the scores looking more like a basket ball game. It would be more like a Roman Gladiator Game than baseball, but I'm afraid the public would eat it up.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts