Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While traveling to Deals Gap from Ohio Thurs night I gat a flat on Rt 75 in Knoxville and had to get a tow at 11:30 at night to a hotel near a dealer so I could get it fixed the next morning.

I had picked up this bolt that killed tube and tire, no amount of fix a flat would help and my compressor wouldn't blow up the tire because it popped the bead.

As I waited for the dealer to open I figured I'd call Misunderstood "Dave" who I had been talking to from this forum because he lived in the area and let him tell me if I was in the right spot and maybe would be at the Dragon later so maybe we could hook up. He figured out where I was and immediately 15 minutes came to the rescue with a jack so I could remove the tire there and save a few bucks form the dealer. He then took me & wounded tire to the dealer, waited with me while they performed tire & tube transplant, gave great conversation, took me to a bike apparal shop to help pass time then took me back to the hotel and helped me reinstall the wheel. After all this he would not accept anything for his time or gas. My hat is off to the big guy that helped me out.

Dave "Misunderstood" is in the black Tshirt & thats me smiling cause I'm getting ready to roll again.

I was back on the raod by 11:00 and had the whole day still to ride the Dragon make it on to Maggie Valley get a room and then road plenty that day. Even though I broke down, the next day it rained I got goiing a little easier because of a new friend I found here on Volusia Riders.

On the BRP next morning...

Thank you Dave for an assist and some great company Friday morning.
Terry

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
I'm disappointed. I thought Dave would look like his avatar picture! :lol:

Bad luck for you with the tire, but lucky that you happened to be near such a good guy. Way to go, Dave!

·
Registered
6,890 Posts
Ya know, I don't care when/if I sell the Vol and get something else, I'll stay on this forum. This is family stuff.

Good on ya Misunderstood.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I sent Dave a PM on this thread and really want his home address if anyone knows PM me. Now I gotta figure out how to pay it forward.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
cactusjack said:
I'm disappointed. I thought Dave would look like his avatar picture! :lol:

Bad luck for you with the tire, but lucky that you happened to be near such a good guy. Way to go, Dave!
he shaved that mornning...... :lol:

+1!

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
Good on you Dave!! :wink:

·
Registered
9,495 Posts
Way to go Misunderstood!

Nice to see a few good people still left on this board!

·
Premium Member
5,046 Posts
Jimysan said:
Way to go Misunderstood!

Nice to see a few good people still left on this board!
Hey, everyone here is nice. It's just that some have Tuesday and Thursday off, Some have Wednesday and Friday off, and some take the rest of the days. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Way to go Misunderstood. Your a fine example to the rest of us.

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Good job, Dave. :applause: I take back all those things I said about you. You know, when trying to put on those pegs that don't fit.

·
Premium Member
11,858 Posts
pet the monkey! :wink:

good on ya dave - i know you're good people! you saved my bacon the other day, too - didn't have a sweater with me, and suddenly it got cold out...was thinking i was gonna freeze from the wind coming in the neckhole of my jacket until i remembered something in my saddlebag! the gaiter kept me warm as toast for the ride home :D

cheers!

-mistress k

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Terry, glad you had a good ride the rest of the way except for a little rain. As for the help, it was no big deal and trust me folks, Terry is a great guy that would do the same for anyone else on here. Good people attract good people.

MistressK, I get warm all over evertime I think of how I get to keep your neck warm. :wink:

This site is all about helping eachother. I've seen too many examples on here myself. It's what we all do and that's what makes this forum a great place. It's the people on it, so everybody reach over your shoulder and give yourselves a pat on the back. 8)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts