Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys I’m in need of some help. Went to Home Depot and couldn’t find the exact nut I’m looking for. After doing some research I found out it’s called a coupling nut and it’s 8-32. The nut is for a 2003 light bar lamp assemble. IMG_0371.jpg
In the picture posted it’s the smaller nutt that’s underneath the light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
Try Ace Hardware or a Fastenal if you have them near you.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
I can find almost any nut or screw at True value.

The home dopers suck.

·
Administrator
16,312 Posts
If you can't find that exact nut, use an 8-32 Nylock nut, available at Rocky's Ace Hardware.

·
Super Moderator
20,507 Posts
heard they shut down parts of the mass pike the other nite...all the plows were put away for the season... fryeberg in Maine got 6-10 also...believe ChromeDome lives within earshot of there...poor guy...and just when he thought he may get to ride again.

also get the nut in stainless steel...sears also use to carry a good line of ss metric hardware. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
heard they shut down parts of the mass pike the other nite...all the plows were put away for the season... fryeberg in Maine got 6-10 also...believe ChromeDome lives within earshot of there...poor guy...and just when he thought he may get to ride again.

also get the nut in stainless steel...sears also use to carry a good line of ss metric hardware. Good luck.

Definitely stainless steel if I can find it. Never knew sears would sell these kind things. **noted**

·
Super Moderator
20,507 Posts
had a local Sears Hardware branch here a few years back, pretty much specializing in tools, hardware, garden eqpt, aplliances...not the typical sears... shame they closed it down. Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
had a local Sears Hardware branch here a few years back, pretty much specializing in tools, hardware, garden eqpt, aplliances...not the typical sears... shame they closed it down. Good luck.
I just noticed, I drove near there on my lunch break and noticed its now a macy's. Guessing that their going out of business ?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
You don't necessarily need a coupling nut. A nylock would be a good choice as was suggested. If you use stainless steel be very careful not to overtighten. Not much more than snug. Stainless can gall easily enough and when that happens you will have to twist it off and start over with another screw.

·
Registered
63 Posts
X2 with Ace Hardware...they usually have a wide range and assortment of SS fasteners. Fastenal would be a good choice, if you want to buy in bulk..like a 50 pack, lol. I don't believe they sell individual fasteners, just baggies of parts, in 50 ct or higher.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
X2 with Ace Hardware...they usually have a wide range and assortment of SS fasteners. Fastenal would be a good choice, if you want to buy in bulk..like a 50 pack, lol. I don't believe they sell individual fasteners, just baggies of parts, in 50 ct or higher.

Literally went right past them today and forgot to buy it.... pray for my short term memory loss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts