Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding a 2002 Volusia. Got past the issue of no keys (huge issue). Put the gas tank back on. Went to hook up the vacuum line and fuel line to the petcock on the lower port side of the tank ... could only find the vacuum line. I am having no luck finding the size and routing of fuel line. Anyone have a diagram? I've even got a Haynes manual, but its missing this info.
To be more clear ... I found a hose (that fits nicely) and attached it to the smaller port on the bottom of the Petcock. That line runs from the petcock to the lower part of the carburetor. I can see no hose/line for the larger port. I did put a splash of gas in the tank. It all ran out the bigger port. Kinda figured that's the fuel line.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Looks like you answered your own question. There is no petcock on the VL800, rather a vacuum operated fuel valve. The hose routing is listed in the manual you linked to.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More Mystery! I dutifully followed the above directions to expose the fuel pump (so I could reattach a fuel line), removing the battery housing as shown, and I found ... nothing! See the attached images. You can see the two bolt holes where the fuel pump could be attached, but it's not there. Doesn't look like its ever been there. In another image you see the loose fuel line that appears cut. No evidence of where it should be going. Then there's the image of the wire retaining clamp that holds nothing. I'm assuming my '02 has its fuel pump mounted somewhere other than the location in the manual, but I'm darned if I can see it. Any advice and or direction would be appreciated.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
Yes. It is mounted on the tank, on the left side of the frame, in between the jugs.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm delighted you're trying to help me through my lack of Volusia knowledge, but embarrassed to say I'm still not seeing the fuel pump. First image is between the jugs. Left side. That's what I've got. Second image shows where the fuel line that's cut on the other end attaches, but I thought that was the carburetor intake AFTER the fuel pump. Location is on top of the front cylinder. Kinda looks like a fuel pump, but not quite.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts

This photo shows where the fuel valve is located on the VL800. On the left side of the bike, under the fuel tank and behind the pair valve. The instructions are on how to remove the pair valve for the naked jugs look.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That sheds some light on where the fuel pump might be (my current quest), but not completely. Looking at the image below (where the fuel tank and its fuel valve have been removed) it looks like my bike has already been given the Naked Jugs look. The Pair Valve and its cover are gone and two bolts now fill the mounting holes. To summarize: I do know where the fuel valve is (on the bottom side of the fuel tank. I do not know where the fuel pump is, and need to learn so I can run new fuel lines.

·
Registered
19,691 Posts
That IS the fuel pump. There are no other parts involved.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts