Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
reminded me of all the times I took the kids sledding when they were little...they would sit on the sled and I would pull them up the hill...by the time I got to the top, I was exhausted...I'd climb on, they would climb ontop of me...20 seconds later, we were repeating the same scenario...3 hours of that, and 15 minutes after we would get home, I would be sound asleep...miss those days.

could have use this dog to pull the kids and sled up the hill...

·
Super Moderator
56,280 Posts
We can go sleigh riding together. You can pull me up the hill and I'll sit on your back on the way down.

Hope this helps ;)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I will never forget....

I went sledding sometime in my 20's.
I had one of those red plastic boat type sleds with the handles on the sides.

It was a pretty good sized hill.
The day was blindingly bright and sunny.
I started down the hill, and got up some pretty good rate of travel.

Fortunately, I was barely able to see a jump someone had built in the middle of the hill.
Unfortunately, I still hit it.

I flew through the air, with the greatest of ease, and slammed to the ground chest first.
I broke my sternum.

That was one of the most painful, longest healing injuries I think I ever sustained in my life.

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true story...one year we were doing the usual sledding on this big hill we always go to...icy conditions and created super fast conditions...great day until the last run...we hit a bump and the 3 of us, stacked on one sled went flying in different directions. My daughter about 5 at the time went sliding down the hill on her face and by the time I got to her she looked like she had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson...rushed her to the hospital a few minutes away and they quickly separated us after I told them what happened. They wanted to ask my daughter and my son what happened not really sure my story was on the up and up. After talking to them they accepted my story as to what happened.fixed her up the best they could and sent us home. That was the easy part...dealing with the wife when we got home and she saw what my daughter looked like was not so easy.

·
Super Moderator
56,280 Posts
When I was 17 I went down a big hill with 2 girls on a wooden toboggan and we hit a bump. The toboggan was broken into big splinters. The girl that owned it was in the front. She was knocked out but came to eventually. I was happy we were all safe and no one was impaled.

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you obviously hit your head on a huge rock and have never been the same sense...I always wondered what happened to you...now I know.

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
I went out last year with the family and my oldest dared me to take the ramp. Not one to let her down, I took it and wound up in the ER with a damaged groin muscle. Apparently. I could barely walk. The sad part, well, I guess funny now, is they were all laughing at my escapade when I was lying on the ground in pain. Thought I was just messing around. Ice is hard.

·
Registered
19,732 Posts
true story...one year we were doing the usual sledding on this big hill we always go to...icy conditions and created super fast conditions...great day until the last run...we hit a bump and the 3 of us, stacked on one sled went flying in different directions. My daughter about 5 at the time went sliding down the hill on her face and by the time I got to her she looked like she had gone 10 rounds with Mike Tyson...rushed her to the hospital a few minutes away and they quickly separated us after I told them what happened. They wanted to ask my daughter and my son what happened not really sure my story was on the up and up. After talking to them they accepted my story as to what happened.fixed her up the best they could and sent us home. That was the easy part...dealing with the wife when we got home and she saw what my daughter looked like was not so easy.
Who wouldn't question a story when a Monkey brings 2 kids to the hospital.

·
Super Moderator
19,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lucky for me, I didn't need to go to the hospital for myself when the wife got thru with me.

·
Super Moderator
56,280 Posts
I went out last year with the family and my oldest dared me to take the ramp. Not one to let her down, I took it and wound up in the ER with a damaged groin muscle. Apparently. I could barely walk. The sad part, well, I guess funny now, is they were all laughing at my escapade when I was lying on the ground in pain. Thought I was just messing around. Ice is hard.
If that was in Dayton I sprained an ankle skiing there and ended up with a week off work.

·
Super Moderator
4,963 Posts
No, this event was at the VOA park in West Chester. So this puts me at one hernia repair, an ER trip for a torn groin muscle and two appendixes removed. My family now considers me officially old.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts