Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I was not seriously hurt. Some minor road rash and bruised legs. Took a curve too wide and found myself looking at the grill of a truck. Jesus grabbed by handlebars and took me into the ditch rather than sure death, Unfortunately there was a road sign on a steel post waiting to greet me. The Mouse took a severe hit but that probably kept me from getting into that same post. No matter how cautious you are you can always make one mistake. Not sure yet if I'm fixing the Mouse, trading it for something more nimble, or if I just don't ride for a while.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Yikes!! So very sorry to hear of your off road misadventure. The bike took some nasty hits. It sure was a sleek and unique looking machine. Easy enough to replace the bike. Dearly hope you recover from your injuries well. Your are certainly more important than the machine. Irreplaceable! You will find something else to ride that ticks most of the boxes on your list.
Take care,

·
Super Moderator
57,517 Posts
Awwww man, what a bummer. Your bike was beautiful! Sure glad you'll be ok and will most likely put something together even nicer!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Oh no ! Glad you're all right. Bikes can be replaced (believe me, I know)
God is good !

·
Super Moderator
20,442 Posts
sorry to read this...glad you are able to come out of it ok enough to be posting about it...beautiful ride...whatever avenue you take to repair or replace, follow your heart...take care.

·
Administrator
16,304 Posts
Glad your here posting about it....that's a good thing. Bikes can be replaced, you, not so much.

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
Darn it Man..... Thank goodness that God made you miss that sign. Just so glad he intervened so you're here to tell us about it. Heal quickly my friend.

·
Registered
930 Posts
No rush, heal, recover and figure it out in time. Glad you're ok.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
You and Vikey might consider a pair of Honda CTX 700 Deluxe with the DCT trany. Those are very light to pick up and handle like a scooter! I'm sure you could farkel them up sweet! Woodswoman has one and she is quite happy with it. Pebbles picked one up late last fall. With Covid I don't think she has been out on it yet this year. The Deluxe has a fairing and saddle bags, quite attractive.

·
Super Moderator
8,879 Posts
You and Vikey might consider a pair of Honda CTX 700 Deluxe with the DCT trany. Those are very light to pick up and handle like a scooter! I'm sure you could farkel them up sweet! Woodswoman has one and she is quite happy with it. Pebbles picked one up late last fall. With Covid I don't think she has been out on it yet this year. The Deluxe has a fairing and saddle bags, quite attractive.
I respectfully disagree with you, Dave, that the CTX700 handles like a scooter. It handles like the motorcycle it is, which is why I prefer it to a super-scooter like the Burgman 400 and Burgman 650 I used to ride.

With the ability to use the paddle-shifter to override the DCT transmission's gear choices when I wish, I get the best of both worlds -- convenience as well as control. And it is a very good-handling machine.

The CTX700's looks, however, are not everyone's cup of tea.

·
Super Moderator
4,366 Posts
Glad the Mouse is okay, bike can be replaced...MM is essential to our VR family friends forum....Recoup well!! Best, D.

·
Premium Member
9,331 Posts
Damn Jim, I'm so happy you are OK. that beautiful bike can be replaced....you can't.

·
Premium Member
1,468 Posts
WOW! Just wow! So glad MM is ok. Bikes can be replaced, bones, not so much.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts