Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok all as I said I would post when I had to get new tiers. my michelin commander ii's have finaly gone bad 24,317 miles worth of riding and they are both shot. My over all take on the tiers is there great for millage but they do make the bike ride a lil more rough witch to me is fine. My driving style is realy laid back though I am close to 400lbs and ride 2up with my wife witch adds another 130 so bike is def loaded I normaly avg 55 to 65 mph and easy on take off and stops. The tiers did realy well wet and dry and even did on on a lil off roading. I will be going back with them again as they surpassed my expataions. I have ran a few dif tiers over the years but this is by far the longest lasting ones I have ever owned. for those of you that are just curiuos about them don't be scared there realy a great tire! They look good and stayed looking good for there life even when I got them down to there wearbars. well hope this helps people when on the fence enjoy and god bless. Keep the Shiny side up till next time...

·
Registered
202 Posts
I do notice the relatively harsh ride, but simply run a bit lower pressure than usual for me, 30/36 solo and 36/41 2 up.

I must have 10K and they aren't even 1/2 worn out.

Stable in rain, don't follow grooves, and are nicely secure unless too much air.

I remain impressed.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Appreciate the post OLFART. That is some serious milage. Looked up at motorcycle superstore and front at appx 125 and rear at less than 150 is a tremendous bargain. Apparently you are not the only one hooked. Fantastic reviews from other riders. When times comes for me this will be my choice and I will not spend any time researching others. Chuck

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is little difference in tires and mileage for Bikes. I keep mine close to the maximum sidewall pressure, and I get 30-35,000 Kms out of a tire. I have found the key to Tire Life is Tire Pressure and checking them once or twice a week. I run Dunlop Elite 3's

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
... and ride 2up with my wife witch ....
Olfart,
Your wife better not catch you calling her a witch! :biglaugh:

BTW, I installed the Commanders on my Nomad this spring and have around 10,000 KM on them so far and no complaints whatsoever. Can't say that I notice them being any harsher for ride than the Bridgestone Exedras that I had before.

·
Registered
23,781 Posts
Thanks for the wtite up. I put one on the rear last fall and am getting ready to put one on the front next week. I noticed the rear made a big difference compared to the one before.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I have been running Commander IIs for a while on my Nomad. The rear has over 18,000 miles on it (the mileage that I replaced the E3 and the Avon Venom) and there is plenty of tread left. I am thinking it will be at least 25000 miles, and they still handle great and make very little noise. By far the best tires for wear and overall performance I have used on this bike. I have over 51,000 miles, and plan to stick with them for the next 50,000!

Reactions: Mickey

·
Registered
202 Posts
Commander IIs

When I replaced my tires in Mar 2013, it was a toss-up between the Commander IIs & the Metzlers. Since I shouldn't have even ridden the bike to the shop on the old tires (==> shouldn't drive away on them either), the Metzlers weren't in stock, and the Commanders were, that made the decision easy. No complaints here. I've put over 11,000 miles on them so far & they've performed well. Whenever I need new tires, I'll likely get another set of Commanders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.