Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping for a windshield for my 2008 C50 Limited (yup, new bike and first post). I've read the posts re Memphis Shades' and National Cycles' windshields. On memphisshades.com, I see that they are now pitching their triggerlock quick change system. Has anybody used this? Any comments compared to NC's quick release system?

I'd also be interested in the "look" of the two mounting systems when the windshields are not in place.

Thanks!

·
Registered
99,999 Posts
SteveA57 said:
I'm shopping for a windshield for my 2008 C50 Limited (yup, new bike and first post). I've read the posts re Memphis Shades' and National Cycles' windshields. On memphisshades.com, I see that they are now pitching their triggerlock quick change system. Has anybody used this? Any comments compared to NC's quick release system?

I'd also be interested in the "look" of the two mounting systems when the windshields are not in place.

Thanks!
WELCOME to the VR site, new member.

Pete

·
Registered
801 Posts
Memphis shade for your scoot

This is the 5th time I have thier shields and the only problem I ve had was on my 03 with the mount plate on fork it stressed cracked and thier was a lot of it happening to other than that I bought a fats 19

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, petec50c. I've been a serious lurker on VolusiaRiders.com and have read hundreds, maybe a thousand posts. It's a great resource. I recently bought a 2008 C50 Limited (with the silver Tribal paint) after 25 years without a bike (yeah, a happy story that is often repeated on the forums). Of course, it is snowing outside today...

Thanks, too, teardrop2003 and Icemanchp3. I've read the threads regarding both the Memphis and the National windshields. It seems the consensus is that they are both excellent products. So I'm trying to split the hairs by discovering if the quick-lock mechanisms (now that MS has the trigger-lock) are equal, and finding out which looks better when the windshield is removed (and the quick-release hardware is still on the bike).

Thanks folks,

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts