Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
shame it can't be at Lake George...got a nice pool at the Blue Moon.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Another day at PT today.
Still trying to get a pic of my therapist for you drooling guys :D
See the doc next week for another checkup & different brace.
Go have a nice ride with some ice cream for me :)

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
on a different note...how do you like the south vs the north?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
North vs South ? Where do I begin ? :D
If I thought the drivers were the worst in VA, I was wrong. Whole different kinda bad here. Even when I could, I don't ride much. No errands or shopping on the bike. Usually it's to ride out to dinner or to get out of area with Dave, as 6 lights are better than 3. You hear of a motorcyclist getting killed on the road at least once a week.
Weather: I said I'd move back to FL when they put a bubble over it & air-conditioned it...didn't happen :( It's too friggin hot & humid to do anything ! (But I think that may follow me, since it didn't get below 95 on our trip last year :D )
It's expensive & too far away from you guys up north. So I sit & plan on how to escape, if only for a little while :(
So no....not really happy. But then, am I ever ?

Reactions: scorpion46

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
is this a permanent move or more a just family assistance thing?

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
We moved down to be near Dave's mom (is 1.5 miles close enough ?) We would eventually like to move to Italy or Spain, but who knows. We don't really call anywhere home after moving so much with the Navy.
For now, we try to get away a few times a year. Next should be Rome for a week & maybe cruising home.

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
remember you mentioning something about a fall trip...was that planned for early fall like early sept or late like in November...good motivator to do the pt...

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Late Sept thru mid Oct. Was hoping to hook up with friends from Scotland, so it depends on their schedule.
Yep, gonna do lots of walking over there :) Still making Dave make up for my first "honeymoon" to New Jersey :D

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
don't say that too loud, our honeymoon was at one of the resorts in the Poconos,,,shortly after that, honeymoon cruises were the next big thing...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
It goes like life. I'm actually starting to feel less like an ex-smoker and more like a non-smoker. Looking forward to my next doctor's appointment when I can finally answer non-smoker. Thanks for asking. :wayhappy:
Been there, done that... you are not a non smoker. you are a reformed smoker. For insurance purposes it is saying I once smoked and now I have stopped and then they ask how many years did you stop. That when you say, 2 years, 3 months, 12 hour and 15 minutes. But I am not counting.. :biglaugh:

Glad you are doing well

And Robyn, I have had 4 meniscus clean outs, 1 knee repair of the ACL, PCL End of the bone cartilage repair and flush oil and fill (all on the same knee). Just do what the dr's and therapist say do not rush it. However, now I am on the quality of life waiting list for a new knee. Yup, always fixed so good I go and F it up again.

Reactions: Whiskey and Rob 61

·
Registered
20,936 Posts
Still making Dave make up for my first "honeymoon" to New Jersey.

What's the matter, didn't you like "New Joysee"????:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Reactions: Rob 61

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
What's the matter, didn't you like "New Joysee"????:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:[/QUOTE]

Let's see....I was a shy 17 year old southern girl going to meet her in-laws :serious:

Wound up living in New Jersey twice. Great food & they know how to drive !

·
Super Moderator
21,421 Posts
and Jersey gals....nevermind...this is a family friendly site...

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Jersey girls ??? What about us southern belles ? :)

Reactions: scorpion46

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Yes we are :)

61 - 80 of 92 Posts