Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Why thanks Beeze :kiss2:
Tried to get them to shave them while they were at it, but they decided to cover it up instead :)

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
tempted to take a feather to those toes...like already said...being loyal to the pt is what will determine your recovery progress...had the ACL years back...then the torn meniscus about 4-5 years ago...pt sucks...but was worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Kuzmandew, other than instructions to put no full weight on leg (toe touch for balance) they haven't given me any post-op instructions. (they were repairing a tear in meniscus also) I can't remove the dressing until I see Doc on Wed. Full stiff leg brace for now. But I will do whatever they tell me. Not just for Italy but to get back on bike.
OK, all that is specific to your knee and your meniscal repair. The doc visits starts everything up and your PT will guide you through. Try to get started as soon as your doc wants you to.

Yes, a new stable knee and strong leg will get you back on the bike. Plan on 7 months of good attention to the leg with rehab and it will return.

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
not the time of year for this b.s,...see... leave it to a woman...men would plan these misfortunes around sept/oct...enough time to have gotten the years riding in and enough time to recover from the late season surgery hopefully ready by the following spring....they'll never admit it but women could learn from men. At least when it comes to riding.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
DC, I did plan it well. It's the start of " it's too f'ng hot to ride" season here. So by the time it starts to get bearable again I'll be ready to go test ride bikes. So this summer I can milk this rehab, in the a/c, & get Dave to paint my toenails :p Right after he finishes the Beezer recommended foot rubs & spoon feeding me ice cream.
Men.....don't look at the whole picture :D

·
Registered
5,012 Posts
Late to the party, but I'm glad the surgery went well.

Don't rule out a sport tourer for your next bike. Much lighter that full dressers, more versatile (think Alaska :smile2:), and fun to ride.

Plus, you can wear hi-viz and nobody will judge you...right Whiskey? :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Thanks Snake ! Actually want to ride the new BMW bagger. And I know someone riding to Alaska next summer. As DC would say.....hmmmm ?

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Weekly update. Got my leg unwrapped (yeah ! ) Doc says it looks good. Increased the bend to 30°. Get stitches out in a week. Shower with a garbage bag on.
No crutches, no driving, no motorcycles :(

·
Super Moderator
19,634 Posts
DC, I did plan it well. It's the start of " it's too f'ng hot to ride" season here. So by the time it starts to get bearable again I'll be ready to go test ride bikes. So this summer I can milk this rehab, in the a/c, & get Dave to paint my toenails :p Right after he finishes the Beezer recommended foot rubs & spoon feeding me ice cream.
Men.....don't look at the whole picture :D
sounds like you did have a plan...sorry I sold you short...but you are a woman and where men don't necessarily look at the whole picture...woman can often be looking at the whole picture and yet miss the best most important parts...:wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Oh my ! Dennis admitted he was wrong & a woman was right ?!!?!
I'm still waiting on my foot rubs, ice cream & pedicure tho !

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
His only must do was to bring me coffee :)
If it wasn't raining, he'd probably be out riding :D

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
I`m late to the party Robyn, but glad to hear things are going well and that the doc is happy with your outcome. Send good energy your way for a quick and strong recovery. Take Kuzmandew`s advise seriously, as his wife is a physical therapist.

Keep us posted and take advantage of Dave every chance your can. My wife had back surgery 20 years ago and I`m still giving her back messages.

·
Premium Member
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Kuzmandew, you were on target. My rx for the week is to straighten the knee & bend no more than the brace allows, 30 degrees.

21 - 40 of 92 Posts