Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to get an inclusive compilation of all the good and bad points of each kit. Im in the market for a jet kit and K&N so i have been trying to do some research on which jet kit to get. I hope others can also benefit from any information shared here

MC carbs:
-Cost: $20 + $7 s/h = $27
-Parts Included: 1 main jet, 1 pilot, shims for the needle, new screws for the bowl
-Good: comes with pilot and handy replacement screws, relatively cheap
-Bad: Does not include lighter springs for optimum throttle response, does not inlcude a better needle profile (uses stock).

Dyno Jet
-Cost: $51 + $9 s/h = $60
-Parts Included: Assortment of main jets, New needle, new springs.
-Good: comes with a new better needle profile, variety of jets for future mods or fine tuning. Better throttle response due to the lighter spring pull.
-Bad: Does not include a pilot (some say not needed?), More costly

Note: my bads and goods depend who you ask i guess. Please voice, or rather type, your opinions on which you have, why you chose it, and your results.

Some comments and questions of my own:
1Why does the Dyno Jet kit not have a pilot?
2Does the main air jet need to be plugged, or only for a certain level of tuning?
3Is it true that the assortment of Dyno Jet mains does not reach as high as the mikuni's? My question arises from the jetting matrix. The equivalent Mikuni that is suggested (152.5 or 155 for example) seems to be much larger then the largest Dyno Jet that is supplied (160)

·
Administrator
29,580 Posts
A. Dyno-Jet's suzuki techs are adamant that they have removed the needles from these bikes and they still idle; they insist that fiddling with the pilot jet is counter productive. I have some of the best dyno results I've seen for a vol so I take their word for it.

B. The dyno-jet kit does come with a free dyno-pass. It is helpful.

C. The DJ160 I use is a whopper! so it's just a matter of nomenclature difference on the different jet brands.

All in all, I'm very happy with the product, technical assistance and dyno pass provided by Dyno Jet. I strongly recommend their product and following instructions to the T.

·
Registered
159 Posts
When I contacted MC for answers I received a reply saying that they spend most of their time trying to "fix" what Dynojet messes up.
I ordered Dyno anyway, partly because I hate asking a question only to hear bashing and partly because I could have a wide range of jets with the Dyno kit since this was my first rejet.
I followed the instructions for my new K&N and Straightshots. The results could not be better. It runs fine in the cold and screams all the way through the rpm band with no hesitation or flat spots. I have not dyno'ed but it feels like easily 20% more power. No complaints here. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts