Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
interesting to say the least...I'm still waiting for a response from my second message to him...will call him when he returns on the 30th...I know last year we had issues connecting...hope that's not the situation this time...glad its still early...started looking for a backup...tough weekend for whatever the reason...mothers day is the weekend before...thinking positive and believe we will be sitting by the fire on Friday nite at the Klitzfoff...

·
Registered
377 Posts
I was in Dover yesterday, took a quick ride into the parking lot to see if someone was around. Locked up tight still. Ill be back in that area next Tuesday, if you dont get a response, ill stop again.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
thanx Mike...going back in my messages, I noticed he initially contacted me last year after we left to acknowledge that he did indeed learn from Alison that I had requested to hold 10 rooms...that was why it was surprising this recent response...if you are in the area, check them out if not I'll still make sure I call them after the 30th.

last years message from him on May 23...

Barbara & Dennis
So glad you had a good time and very pleased you are coming back. We enjoyed having you stay.
It should be more interesting next year. Hopefully you can get more people from your group to come especially that you can report having such a good time this year.
Also we will be relaunching our charity ride that weekend which you are welcome to join or not, it’s up to you.
It’s called Dover Moto which raises money for Breast and Ovarian Cancer research. We are hoping to have an organized ride on the Saturday, then dinner with bands and raffles at another participating Inn.
If you decide not to participate in the Dover Moto event, which is fine then we will do dinner for you here at the Kitzhof, same as this year. Fire Pit and Hot Tub always available regardless.
We have booked 10 rooms out for your group for next May 15-17. If you need more please let me know.
Thanks again
Simon

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Dennis I called Simon yesterday, we are all set 10 rooms are reserved for the VR for Friday May 15 & Sat May 16 with check out on Sunday May 17th.
I booked my room yesterday.
Simon said call the hotel and say your from the VR room to get the discounted rate, do not go through the website.
He did say one dinner on Saturday Night, and 2 breakfast's were in included with the room rate.

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
thanx pete...still haven't heard anything from him yet...would be nice to have some sort of pricing so I can post it for anyone considering this get together. Will call him and get that info.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
thanx pete...still haven't heard anything from him yet...would be nice to have some sort of pricing so I can post it for anyone considering this get together. Will call him and get that info.
OK, sounds good, I told him you would be calling him.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
Thanks Peter, glad you picked up when the monkey was f'n the football! HeHe!

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
afternoon all...got a message from Simon today for the requested info I asked him to provide...here is the response...

Dennis,
I have attached a new plan as requested with dinner and no dinner.
The reason we offer dinner is that it is cheaper than restaurants and most restaurants around here can’t cope with large groups.
If the majority want dinner (say 18 or more) then it is feasible for us to do. If not we will go with the no dinner plan for the group.

10/31/19
Dennis Colon
[email protected]

Volusia Riders 2020
We agree to hold:-
Number of rooms 10
Arrival Date: 15th May 2020
Departure Date: 17th May 2020
No. of Nights: 2
No. of Guests: 20
Breakfasts: 2

Inclusive Group Package Rates include:-
2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast each morning, + 1 dinner inc. service + tax
Rates do not include alcoholic beverages, housekeeping or dining gratuities.
Double Occupancy (2 per room) $ 298.00
Triple Occupancy (3 per room) 2 rooms only $ 393.00
Single Occupancy (1 per room) $ 224.00
We do not provide dinner for less than 20 in a group (requested)

2 nights’ accommodation with breakfast each morning inc. service + tax - NO DINNER
Rates do not include alcoholic beverages, housekeeping or dining gratuities.
Double Occupancy (2 per room) $ 235.00
Triple Occupancy (3 per room) 2 rooms only $ 297.00
Single Occupancy (1 per room) $ 192.00

Above rates are at 2019 prices if booked before January 2020

To qualify for group rates you must have 10 rooms booked and/or 20 people or more in your party. If the final booking falls below this amount then rack rates will apply to each individual booking or room.

If the rooms are not filled within 30 days before the arrival date then they will be released to general reservations.

Deposits/Cancellations
This is a Rain or Shine Event
We do not accept late cancellations because of a change of the weather.
Cancellation Policy
If cancellation is received 14 or more days (21 days for holiday periods) prior to arrival, the deposit will be refunded less $25 per room handling charge. Within 14 days prior to arrival (21 days for holiday periods) there will be no refund on the deposit. Please remember that a reservation is your commitment for the full period that you request.* If you leave the Inn before your reservation has expired or arrive late, your entire fee will be forfeited.*
Deposits are applied to the last night of your initial reservation. Deposits are charged at 50% of stay price per booking or a group deposit check from the organizer. Deposit will not be refunded for last minute changes due to irregular weather, for example or other spurious reasons, Kitzhof Inn cancellation policies will apply.
Full Policies can be found www.kitzhof.com/pages/policies.html

tell them you are with the Volusia Riders when you book. And please post here when you do book so I know where we stand as far as needing more rooms. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Thanks Dennis! Looking forward to this!!

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
prices listed above
Doh, didn’t see it. I read the first post only. Thanks beeze

So how many rooms are booked so far Dennis?

So we can choose a room with dinner or one without when we book?

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
so far I think its just Pete and me that are booked...we had 6 show last year...hoping to get more next year...get the feeling we will be having dinner on our own as the required number of people needed will probably not be met...no big deal really...there are places close enough for dinner...breakfast does come with the room...good one at that. Nice place...good setup, really suited well for the needs of our group.

·
Super Moderator
8,768 Posts
I regret I won't be able to make this. The place does look lovely, and I know the area has great riding. And then, of course, there's the people. :)

<sigh>

If there was anything that could make me sad that I booked a trip to Africa next May, this would be it. :(

·
Administrator
16,248 Posts
We're planning on attending, just haven't booked yet.

·
Super Moderator
19,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I regret I won't be able to make this. The place does look lovely, and I know the area has great riding. And then, of course, there's the people. :)

<sigh>

If there was anything that could make me sad that I booked a trip to Africa next May, this would be it. :(

will miss you and Mike...have a great time in Africa tho…

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
I'm planning on this, will book after the new year.
Ed just so you know the prices might go up for the new year, Simon doesn't charge you anything to book, it just locks the price in.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts