Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,886 Posts
As of this writing, I have vacation the week of May 11 thru 15. My original plan for this time period (Africa) went bust. Then my backup plan for this time period (MayFest) also went bust.

So unless something crops up at work that prompts me to give this vacation back to the hospital altogether, I'll probably have some time to get together.

At this point, I'd settle for meeting up for lunch.

·
Super Moderator
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
next thing I realisticly plan on hoping to attend will be the yankee rally in NH end of june. Don't see this thing going away before then and even that think will see be 50/50...hope I'm wrong.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
Playing it by ear. Not sure a rally in May is feasible, hope to be able to offer some type of cookout or something here by the end of May, but I think it may be wishful thinking.

Agree that even the Yankee in June may be a 50/50 shot. Sure hope I'm wrong, but even once we hit the peak, if it took 6 weeks to get to the top, it will likely be another 6 to get back down.

Just Sucks!!!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Somehow, I knew this was a no go. But, I'd like credit for the thought, LOL!
Capt. I really hope the Wrench Party can happen...maybe we can wrench a few ventilators to keep on hand for Yankee?

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
I would say the wrench party is likely a no go, hoping to just have a cookout/get together in middle of May or late May.

We'll drink Corona's to celebrate the defeat of this nasty disease.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was out riding today and went by the Rodeway Inn in Westminster. I've had my eye on this place as a MayBay possibility one day. They were open and yada, yada, they'd be happy to have us.
I see we were only about 5 rooms worth of people for Kitzhof Inn.
I am posting to see if there is any interest in salvaging MayBay 2020? I'd be open to dates but wonder if keeping the 5/15 to 5/17 is the way to go. Or would later in May work better...or should I just stay quiet and go back to pretending to Telecommute?
No way! My Mom lives in Princeton, and I live in Worcester. I ride around Westminster all the time. I didn't expect to meet a fellow Masshole on this site.

·
Super Moderator
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
you'll be surprised what you find if you join us for some of our get togethers...mostly a fun time...but bring your sense of humor...we can be a strange bunch at times.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
you'll be surprised what you find if you join us for some of our get togethers...mostly a fun time...but bring your sense of humor...we can be a strange bunch at times.
Strange? Hmmm, slightly understated don't you think?

·
Super Moderator
20,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
which part...mostly should be "always" or can be a strange bunch at times should be "expect a strange bunch"...?...how ya doing Carl...say hi to Paula....hope the folks are doing good.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
which part...mostly should be "always" or can be a strange bunch at times should be "expect a strange bunch"...?...how ya doing Carl...say hi to Paula....hope the folks are doing good.
Working hard from home then working on the yard. Doing all the things I could not do when I moved into the house.

The knee is coming along. I can ride a bicycle, walk, stand, ride a motorcycle but I am uncomfortable sitting down for long periods of time. I am not sure if it is because of the new knee or the old leg. I am thinking the leg use to bend a certain way to compensate for the knee. But now, it hurts to hang that way or have pressure on the back of my knee.

Paula and I go out for 3 / 5 mile walks at about 17 minute per mile, so that is good. However, I do get a little bit of soreness after that in the middle of the night.

Make sure you give a hug to Barb for us.

·
Administrator
16,309 Posts
No way! My Mom lives in Princeton, and I live in Worcester. I ride around Westminster all the time. I didn't expect to meet a fellow Masshole on this site.
There's a whole bunch of Massholes here. Just don't feed the monkey, he's from CT and gets cranky when he runs out of bananas.

Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Worst than that, the monkey is from NEW YORK! And not just the state of NEW YORK but the city!

·
Registered
938 Posts
Another VR member from the Woo, welcome! Kind of a crazy year to join this group as most stuff so far is getting canceled. How long you lived in Worcester? Came here to go to school in '87 and never left.
That fact often makes me feel a little like Jack:
Jack Nicholson Crazy Hair - Newest images - page 1 | Meme Generator

141 - 160 of 174 Posts