Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

101 - 120 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
due to the nature of whats going on, I was thinking of moving this to sept...feelings on this anyone?...don't know what will be open eating wise... don't know if Vlad & summer are coming from Canada...if they are, who knows what the border situation will be like...lots of what ifs...I'll wait a few days for some responses and then give Simon a call and see how the availability is and what weekend would best serve our needs room wise if we elect to go that route......
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
like I said I'll see what he, Simon, can do for us...not going to wait to long tho, not that I'm sure folks are doing a lot of planning to travel not knowing what the future situation will be like, but I'll keep your unavailable dates in mind mike.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,274 Posts
I don't think this is going to be over in a month.

No one has stepped up for an OctVRfest....maybe that is the destination to hold it?
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
we are talking about that right now...but for that time of the year he may not be able to house everyone...like I said...waiting to see how those who have committed feel about the move to sept...when I call him in a few days, we'll get more info as to room availability...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
911 Posts
  • Yep, I've been dreading this...my heart thinks we could pull it off. Spread apart at the camp fire. 6+ distance on group rides Then the head kicks in and says crap, this mtf Earth fart is about start killing rallys. Then the gut kicks in and says this a bad idea for a few reasons I shouldn't have to explain.
  • It'll make me sad not to go. But we are traveling too long distances to not be high risk to people going back or elsewhere after. Not knowing all those points of contact is a bad idea.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
pretty much looking like a no brainer that if we are going to do this, sept/early october will be the wiser choice...and still no guarantee it will be any different then either....I'm going to suggest we just scrap the whole idea for this year and just wait and see and then plan accordingly if things improve around fall and then plan something at that time...will call simon today and inform him of our concerns.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,274 Posts
I'm hoping we're able to all be at Yankee Rally.

Time will tell.

Still planning on putting a post up soon for the Western Mass wrench party in late April/Early May.

We can practice social distancing in Puerto Backyarda and still have some great BBQ
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Allison just returned my call and informed me that the Mt Snow area has shut down for now...she understands our concerns and I told her that if conditions improve before the riding season is over, we'll hopefully be able to make it this year. Otherwise we will return next year. I told her I will post this on the board and will inform those who have booked to call back and cancel. Needless to say, there won't be any cancelation charge.

Hopefully this current situation will make a turn for the better later in the season and we can hopefully still plan a weekend get together for anyone interested somewhere, as for the Klitzhoff Inn, she did tell me, their inn is pretty much booked sept/October for the foilage. Not to say we can't find somewhere else if the inn can't accommodate us. Looking at recent past octvrfest rallies, a diminishing attendance shows we probably need less than 10 rooms.

Shame it had to come to this,,,paranoid,,,no...playing it safe...yes. Praying everyone stays safe.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
8,792 Posts
Allison just returned my call and informed me that the Mt Snow area has shut down for now...she understands our concerns and I told her that if conditions improve before the riding season is over, we'll hopefully be able to make it this year. Otherwise we will return next year. I told her I will post this on the board and will inform those who have booked to call back and cancel. Needless to say, there won't be any cancelation charge.

Hopefully this current situation will make a turn for the better later in the season and we can hopefully still plan a weekend get together for anyone interested somewhere, as for the Klitzhoff Inn, she did tell me, their inn is pretty much booked sept/October for the foilage. Not to say we can't find somewhere else if the inn can't accommodate us. Looking at recent past octvrfest rallies, a diminishing attendance shows we probably need less than 10 rooms.

Shame it had to come to this,,,paranoid,,,no...playing it safe...yes. Praying everyone stays safe.
Well ... crap. I was looking forward to some time with my VR peeps as consolation for my trip to Tanzania being postponed.

Intellectually, I understand. But I'm still sad.

.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
16,274 Posts
Well ... crap. I was looking forward to some time with my VR peeps as consolation for my trip to Tanzania being postponed.

Intellectually, I understand. But I'm still sad.

.
Well ... crap. I was looking forward to some time with my VR peeps as consolation for my trip to Tanzania being postponed.

Intellectually, I understand. But I'm still sad.

.
Still planning a Wrench Party in late April, early May. Might not do any wrenching though depending on how this virus goes. We'll still be able to eat and drink ;)
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
that's the reason we canceled but no one is suppose to know that....don't tell anyone.
 
101 - 120 of 138 Posts
Top