Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

81 - 100 of 138 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,792 Posts
The trip BearBait and I have been planning for months to Africa for this same time period may end up having to be rescheduled. Not sure, but if it does, you might just see us at this rally.

Not booking anything right now, as we are out of pocket already for a lot of busted plans. Thanks for nothing, stupid virus.

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
Looks like I won't be attending. Just cant convince the DS to meet these fine strangers.

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
will miss your company ed...maybe next year...

no that your company isn't welcome chris but knowing how much you and mike were looking forward to your trip, I hope you can find a way to make it work...otherwise I hope you can join us...

barb let me know she won't be able to make this rally...she was really looking forward to it but with a wedding 2 weeks before the rally. she could only get one or the other off...glad she has the yankee already covered...

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
only my hairdresser knows for sure....no...some friends of ours. Got a few weddings in fact... another one in sept in Pa...

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
will be interesting to see what Simon does...will be calling him soon to see if he has any idea what he plans to do...hopefully he's in this country presently as getting back in may be an issue if your not here already...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well...if he's not in the country, I say we use the inn anyway. We can camp out in tents, order take out and sit 6 ft apart around the campfire. Group riding is already Social Distancing compliant!

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
good to know as last year he was away back in GB I believe this time of year before returning to begin his season...

·
Administrator
16,274 Posts
Hope im wrong but I'm guessing this freaking virus will affect this rally.

Gotta think most restaurants can't survive on take out alone.

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
funny you should mention that Capt...was wondering today how many eating establishments will be open...not that many in the area to begin with...this thing is going to do in a lot of business's before its over...read today they are canceling all school end of the year functions...college/hs graduations, etc...makes sense but really a shame for those affected...shame for all those planning for their first prom too...one would think shame, but not really important...tell that to a 16 year old...when one thinks how many functions have to be canceled...business seminars, planned family reunions, remember this was the time of year my daughter used to have her dance recitals...practice all year for one afternoon performance and then sorry...what about weddings...heard churches are being ordered to close too...then comes the receptions...endless...how many will be w/o a job as this unfolds...gotta stay positive...try to at least.

·
Administrator
16,274 Posts
Yeah it's crazy times for sure. Personally my only silver lining is no more travel for me for awhile.

My guess is it's going to get much worse before it gets better. Feel sorry for all that have plans as you mentioned above. Even VR's own Sean and Leanne will likely be affected by this for their wedding in May.

This isn't going away in a week or two, maybe not for 3-6 months at the very least, maybe longer.

·
Super Moderator
20,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
hey mike...good to see the door was open...hope things by you are good...hows Lori doing?

81 - 100 of 138 Posts