Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Met Roy and June during their trip to Florida. Here's hoping for a complete and speedy recovery that we may ride together again.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Haven't been online much in the past few days and just saw this....

My heart and prayers go out to Roy and his wife! Roy, I wish you a speedy recovery and if there is anything you need we are ALL here for you!

·
Premium Member
14,389 Posts
I spoke to Roy a little while ago... He sounded groggy and still in a lot of pain. Not much has changed, they changed the dressings today and got a better look at the burns. He'll be in the hospital for several more days.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Whoever is taking our hopes for his recovery soonest, please include mine as well. I'll get a card out tomorrow. He and June will be in my prayers.

Roy, hang in there, and no no, do NOT Pinch that nurse!! :wink:

Edit: I forgot to thank all of you who are conveying info back to us. Thank you SO MUCH!

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
I have been watchn this for more info ...just want to say were pullin for ya Roy!

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Here's another Mich member pulling for Roy too. Prapers for him and family on the way.
Larry

·
Registered
192 Posts
He is in the thoughts of Lory and I, hope he has a fast recovery. As with anybody, anything we can do let us know. Give the nurses hell Tek

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Another update: They tried to get him to stand today, but he couldn't yet. Also his right hand has started to swell a bit. He said the pain was pretty bad but right before I talked to him, they had put something on the burns that hurt a lot so they were going to change it and they had just given him some morphine for the pain.

Also, since he complained so much about them not letting her stay, the hospital got a hotel room for June for a few nights (It's easily an hour to 90 minutes from their house). She's going to be up there for the next couple of days to be with him.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
please give him my love and prayers..... if there is anything I can dooooo plz let me know..

XOXO
Julie

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Man, I hate to hear this. I've never met him in person but he helped me out over the phone with a problem I was having and probably saved me a lot of money by doing it. Took time out of his busy day to help a total stranger hundreds of miles away. Sounds like that's not unusual behavior for this guy. My prayers definately go out for a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Just saw this.... Met him and Ssquire at my wrench party when they were traveling to FL. I hope he comes out ok!

Ssquire... Keep us updated bro!

·
Registered
9,626 Posts
SSquire said:
Another update: They tried to get him to stand today, but he couldn't yet. Also his right hand has started to swell a bit. He said the pain was pretty bad but right before I talked to him, they had put something on the burns that hurt a lot so they were going to change it and they had just given him some morphine for the pain.

Also, since he complained so much about them not letting her stay, the hospital got a hotel room for June for a few nights (It's easily an hour to 90 minutes from their house). She's going to be up there for the next couple of days to be with him.
sean, thanks for the update and phone call yesterday.

I'm glad that they were able to provide her with a place for a few days. I know that she'd be more comfortable at the hotel room.

I spoke to shawn last night after I got off the phone with you and he got a chance to speak to him as well. I plan on going by tonight after work to at least make sure that they know we are thinking of him.

-Tony

·
Registered
82 Posts
Talked to Roy this morning

SSquire said:

Sean, thanks for the number. I talked to Roy briefly this morning around 8:30. He asked me to call back around noon when June would be there to see if she needed any kind of help.
Thanks again, George

41 - 60 of 182 Posts