Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since I gave up the idea of getting a Harley at the moment, because I really want a V-Rod when I depart Italy in 3 years, I decided to change the look on the bike again and make it a bobber. So to start off I went ahead and ordered this seat:

Amazon.com: La Rosa 15" Harley Chopper Bobber Rustic Brown Leather Tan Ace Inlay Solo Seat + Tension Scissor Springs Kit: Everything Else

Got the 12" apes with new cables installed, but not sure what to do with the exhaust, since I don't want to spend money on a new set...

Also, can the chrome wheels be powder coated black? How much should I expect to pay?

·
Registered
61 Posts
oh yeah the wheels can be done. I paid 225 for my exhaust new. well worth the money. Total cost to do what I did 1200.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good luck... are you getting rid of your fenders? I love the pinstripes
Yes and no. I trimmed it down. Really small now. Just waiting for the resin to dry up, then going to sand it and paint it. Had to cover a few holes.
Here's a current pic. Tank is raised a bit on the front. Adding a Glow Shift Tach this week and fender this coming wknd.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
It shouldn't cost more than 300 for both wheels.

Reactions: goval

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Added rear fender with curved LED tail light under (will snap another shot once I get it connected to the wiring along with the new turn signals coming in the mail). Moved helmet lock to frame, by the seat. Also added the plate to cover the battery. Still waiting for the seat to come on the mail.

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thats got some old school flavor to it. I never considered trimming the stock exhaust like that but that looks pretty cool. Is that a leather overlay on your gas tank ?

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
is that the stick fender cut? how is it being held up? I don't see the struts is welded to the swing arm?
I trimmed t my Baron Gangster Fender. Got tired of that look.
Its being held by a bracket under the battery area cover I made, to the metal plate from the frame and also on the sides using the top bolt, where the factory strut was connected to the frame. Hard to explain, I'd have to snap a closer image.
It has just enough clearance for wheel travel. Originally wanted to attach it on the swing arm, but I couldn't get brackets to work well with the Baron's lines.

·
Registered
652 Posts
What is the round cylinder on the right side just beneath the seat?

·
Registered
624 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts