Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I owned the boulevard s50 or what I think is essentially the vs800. I owned it for over 2 years and put about 25,000 miles on it with little issues. I really liked the bike and unfortunately it was stolen. I am looking either for the same thing (another s50) or the 1400. I have checked around to see about the differences between the two and there is the obvious things like different back break and a little different suspension I believe.

What I am worried about is any major problems that might arise commonly on the 1400. Is there any reason NOT to get the bigger bike. I loved the s50 a whole lot and will be getting on again either way as a daily driver.

·
Registered
21,173 Posts
The 1400 isn't a Suzuki. It is built by Kawasaki and badged as a Suzuki. None of the parts are interchangeable with any other bike in the Suzuki family.

As far as aftermarket support for it? There is none. OEM Parts? Good luck.

Reactions: Ragdude

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 1400 isn't a Suzuki. It is built by Kawasaki and badged as a Suzuki. None of the parts are interchangeable with any other bike in the Suzuki family.

As far as aftermarket support for it? There is none. OEM Parts? Good luck.
Wow I didn't notice anything about that in my little bit of research, thank you

·
Super Moderator
33,452 Posts
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Perhaps you were thinking of the 1500? It's also known as the C90. Those are fairly popular and there are a few former/current owners around here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from Kennesaw GA!

Perhaps you were thinking of the 1500? It's also known as the C90. Those are fairly popular and there are a few former/current owners around here.
thanks!
And specifically I was thinking the s83, I was under the impression it was just a larger displacement of the s50. I like the thin and light design of that product line.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts