Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Sat. I joined Kitzydee and seven of her friends from SC for a ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway. We met in Asheville NC and rode to Boone NC and back, 120 miles each way, on the PW. Stopped for lunch on top of Mt. Mitchell. When we weren't in the clouds, the vista was awesome. Nice and cool up there too, we were over 4,000 ft most of the way. Mt. Mitchell is over 6,500 ft elev. A great ride for cruisers, nice sweeping curves, lots of pull over spots for pictures etc. One guy, whose nickname is "Mr. Magoo" had a broken pinky finger on his left hand in a splint. When he waved, as bikers do, here's this pinky extended skyward. By the time the group met me in Asheville, Mr Magoo's wave had become the official salute, and the group was named "Magoo's Raiders". I, of course, was greeted in this fashion and became one of "Magoo's Raiders". We went on our merry way up the PW Greeting all other bikers in this fashion. I laughed my ass off all day thinking all passers must be wondering, who the hell are these nuts :?: I had a ball :D

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
That's too funny, looked at the pic in your gallery. What a great way to spend time with friends. Here in Florida, some of the guys just dress in pink tu-tus and womens bathing suits, I'd rather have your wave.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts