Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anybody who is planning rides/rallies in Maggie Valley, NC:

The Sweet Briar Motel was damaged by fire on January 27th.

Haywood County Fire - WLOS News13 - Top Stories

Word floating around the 'web is that the motel's reservation system was lost, so owners have no way to notify future guests of the situation.

·
Super Moderator
20,430 Posts
shame....glad no one was injured...wonder what the cause was....Beez wasn't down there recently...was he...some of us know how he likes to check to make sure the alarms are working.

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
Thanks Mary, Nzinga and I are headed to Maggie in April to see BikerPop but we will be staying at the Ramada. 4 days of hanging with Pop and Tha Goats!!!:biglaugh:
If your going down just to get his goat :biglaugh:, the last time I talked to Pop (not that long ago) he had gotten rid of the goats. Bought himself a different bike and joined a rock band. He said something about singing and wild dancing with wild women. Ok, not so much singing

There was another motel in Maggie called the Apple tree, or something like that, the owner is a biker. He gave special discounts and he hosted a couple of rallies every year. Nothing fancy, but the pricing is right and it's right in the center of town. The owner is a friend of Pops he can give you more details

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
I've done several trips around that area and have been to "Wheels Through Time" three times now, it never gets old. We usually stay at a little place in Bryson City called the "Ridge Top Inn". It is an older place but clean and cheap...and...there is a great craft brewery downtown...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts