1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
19,528 Posts
Not without modifications.

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
But they might fit my 2015 C90 which has a similar frame to the M90. If you decide not to get them let me know. Most all bags need some kind of modification or at least new bolt holes that match the mounting brackets. Trick is making it strong enough. I used a rigid metal strip with holes down it's length Cut it to go inside the bag and match the holes to the bike holes. Great support with no fuss. You may also need longer bolts and spacers between the bags and the fender. You can do it! ..... But if you don't , let me know...... PS. Do one bolt at a time because they are much harder to thread back in if you remove two or more.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went ahead and got them .. Being shipped
I will look to see if its worth the hassle and if not I will get back to you RONKEN

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a set of these on my M90. The bags looked great but were a little on the small side. They are also compatible with the M109. I'm looking for a set of decent bags for it now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I got them in today...
In Fantastic shape. The mounting holes are a bit farther apart than the stock mounting bolt position.
If anyone has any suggestions on a good way to do it ?
Being an electrician, I had the idea to use some unistrut as a mounting rail, then use strut nuts to mount the bags to the rail ?
It should keep everything at the correct height ... I think ??
If I go that route I will take pictures ...Might give someone an idea :nerd:

·
Registered
19,528 Posts
You are in uncharted territory my friend. I would be concerned about the strength of the mount and the correct height to keep it from dropping on the exhaust. It is all trial and error from here.

·
Super Moderator
20,507 Posts
if those are the bags you may want to line the inside of them with thin plywood to keep the rigid look and avoid the sag structure eventually settling in.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They have a support bar that helps with rigidity. I still have a bit of work to do to them. I am really liking the look though!

·
Premium Member
3,734 Posts
Exactly!! That's the kind of bar I used on the inside. Mine was flatter but that looks perfect. I've had my Viking bags on for over a year from New Mexico to North Carolina (and I live in Alabama) and have had NO problems. I think that'll work great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts