Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, all:

I currently have a Kawasaki sportbike but am thinking about selling it to get a cruiser, and I've always liked the Boulevards. I'm currently specifically in love with the M50s that have this headlight:

I thought I had figured out that this was on all 2010s and forward, but today on Cycletrader I saw a 2011 that has a regular round headlight, without the cowl.

Am I wrong about the model years? And do any model years of the C50 have this headlight?

Lastly, can this headlight be swapped in on a C50 or M50 that doesn't have it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
206 Posts
in the states they never really released the 2010 or 2011, they waited until the old stock was all liquidated. So in the US, they didn't have release the M50 with the M109 style headlight until 2013.

for the M90, they totally made that style of headlight for all years.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
in the states they never really released the 2010 or 2011, they waited until the old stock was all liquidated. So in the US, they didn't have release the M50 with the M109 style headlight until 2013.

for the M90, they totally made that style of headlight for all years.
Ah, gotcha. Do people successfully retrofit other bikes with that M109 headlight?

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, yeah, I guess I didn't realize the M109 headlight was bigger than the newer M50 headlight. A 2010+ headlight on an older M50 or C50 might be a better bet.

·
Registered
206 Posts
you might have a hard time finding a 2010+ M50 headlight setup for cheap. The 2010+ have a completely different speedo setup. The chrome bit you see up top of the headlight is a the new m109 style speedo, with a body colored cowl, and a separate headlight housing and mounting points probably. Im sure you can get it OEM, but would be pretty pricey for all of that.
you might be better off getting a 2010+ M50 or a M90 of any year.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was looking at doing something similar with my bike. The prices on the parts I could find convinced me otherwise. I think the M90 might just have to be my next bike. I like the M109, but that engine is too much for this guy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts