Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M50 came with a set of soft saddlebags. I would like to unbolt the mounts from these and install them on a set of hard bags without spending too much. Looking around I have seen two viable options I wanted to run by you more experienced Boulevard guys. I see the Mutazu GA Hard Saddlebags, and possibly the Kappa K21. Both pictured below.

I searched around and found a few reviews on the Mutazu which seem mostly positive. Mounting my hardware to these should be as easy as drilling a few holes and bolting them on. From pictures I've been able to actually find of them mounted on an M50 they look decent too.

The Kappa bags I'm sure are tougher built (I think they're made by Givi) but I'm not sure I'll be able to mount my hardware to these with their unique mounting system. Also I'm not sure they would flow well aesthetically with the bike.

Any comments or advice on this?

Kappa:

Mutazu:

·
Registered
21,177 Posts
The Mutazu bags are small, flimsy and very lightly built. You DO get what you pay for here....

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Skrap is right in that they are flimsy - made of ABS plastic and they do flex and bounce. They do make larger sizes - I installed the HL bags and reinforced the interior plus added their support bar, hiding it under the fender(not an option on the M50), and they were quite solid.

I suggest you look for fiberglass bags like Tsukayu.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have a set of custom made mounts and harley davidson touring hard bags that I had mounted on my M50. For Sale. $550 bags, hardware and mounts. See picture below

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I have a set of custom made mounts and harley davidson touring hard bags that I had mounted on my M50. For Sale. $550 bags, hardware and mounts. See picture below
Those look great on your bike. A little expensive for me though. Would be a shame to repaint them too.

I use these

Monokey Cases : 21 LITER SIDE CASES MATTE BLACK

I had to drill holes and bolt them to my saddle bag supports

That is something I would consider. Would you mind taking a picture of the back of the cases where you mounted the the supports for me?

I have a set of the universal slide on mechanisms I would have to do the same thing with. How are they inside? How is the room between them and your signals and passenger foot pegs?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I finally decided on a set of Givi E22s. They arrived today and I spent the afternoon bolting up my mounting plates. Liking them so far. Although they seem smaller than the pictures showed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.