Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After much trying to figure the speed sensor deal out, I went with the Autometer GPS sending unit part number 5289. Removed the factory speed sensor all together and used a pigtail from an old speed sensor to plug into the factory harness. Wired ground to the actual sensor ground wire, signal to the pink wire, and hot off the accessory plug and stuffed everything in the headlight bucket except for the gps magnet antenna. Hot wire to the factory sensor did not work with the autometer unit. It uses a small xm radio style antenna. Used a left side wheel spacer in the place of the sensor cut down to 7/8 of an inch. Centered the wheel exactly in the forks. After a 50 mile ride, everything works as expected. Brake caliper requires about 3/8 inch spacing toward the wheel to work properly using the M50 rotor. Let me know what you think.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, but I will take some close ups of the right side fork spacer and brake caliper spacing. Used a few washers and longer bolt for now to space out the caliper to the disc.

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will have to wait for the weekend on the tutorial. That way I have time to tear it down and take pics. Maybe someone can help me figure out how to post pics instead of links. Been on boards for years and still can't figure it out.

Rob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rear drops right in. Take out the spoke wheel, install the M50 wheel. Front was just finding a way to run the speedo. Auto meter GPS interface works for that. Then a 7/8 spacer in place of the speed sensor. Nothing to it really.

Rob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.