Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok question for those who might know.

Being owners of C50s most would know that we can get a buzzy feeling through the footboards, now I love my C50 this is my third but now I find the buzzy feeling I get through my boards is getting really annoying to point now where my feet are starting to ache.

Now I have not owned a C50 for a while years in fact but I do remember what it was like but I seemed to be able to live with it but years later back on a C50 and myself being older I seem to notice the vibration a lot more but only through the footboards.

Back to the question do any M50 riders get the same buzzy feelings through the pegs if not then could it be the footboards on the C50 that is transferring the vibration that's gives us that buzzy feelings if they do could removing the boards and fitting forwards with pegs help and that would be my next question can you get forward controls for these bikes cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
My guess is you're about mid 50's and over 6 foot tall.
There are other expensive options.
Foot wear. Dr Scholls inserts. A set of cobra bars with Kury foot pegs to allow your foot & legs a chance to re-position.

Vibration really bothers my old body.
Use lots of rubber insulation and I don't mean flip-flops.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
+1 on the footwear. I noticed if I wore plain shoes I felt the buzzing all the time, not so with my thick soled riding boots.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guess is you're about mid 50's and over 6 foot tall.
There are other expensive options.
Foot wear. Dr Scholls inserts. A set of cobra bars with Kury foot pegs to allow your foot & legs a chance to re-position.

Vibration really bothers my old body.
Use lots of rubber insulation and I don't mean flip-flops.

Cheers
Yep nearly right I am in my mid 50's but under 6' like I said I have owned two C50's before but that was years ago and I would of been a lot fitter and of course younger and the vibration did not seem to worry me.

I have changed my riding gear over the years and the boots I wear now do have a thinner sole.

Mmmm there could lay part of the problem I updated my bike might be time to update my riding gear cheers.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
I cured that buzzy feeling by getting a S83 and then my current Vstar 1300 no more buzz.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Footwear might help

I don't get this buzzyness much. But I'm in my late thirties and pretty much always wear riding boots when riding. Just curious, are we talking all the time or just at highway/interstate speeds?

I never thought the bike was too bad stock even at high speed, but I've noticed a decrease in buzz since adding the power commander, K&N Air filter, and straight shot pipes. Probably due to the engine breathing easier and a moderate increase in power. I've heard others say the same thing. I'm hoping and hearing it gets even better after adding an aftermarket air kit. That's my next purchase...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't get this buzzyness much. But I'm in my late thirties and pretty much always wear riding boots when riding. Just curious, are we talking all the time or just at highway/interstate speeds?

I never thought the bike was too bad stock even at high speed, but I've noticed a decrease in buzz since adding the power commander, K&N Air filter, and straight shot pipes. Probably due to the engine breathing easier and a moderate increase in power. I've heard others say the same thing. I'm hoping and hearing it gets even better after adding an aftermarket air kit. That's my next purchase...
I think a lot of this comes from my age and fitness which isn't so great at the moment. I owned two C50s before and they are a great bike, just these days I seem to notice the vibration more, not just on my current bike but other makes and models I have owned which btw have been all v-twins, also I have been having trouble with my back and sciatic nerve which could be making me sensitive to this buzzy feeling I am getting cheers.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I get A little buzz or vibration thru the floorboards. It doesn't annoy me it's more like a foot massage
keeping my feet from getting tired. I do wear motorcycle boots and if going for a long ride tennis/walking/canvas shoes carried on the bike to wear as the heavy boots are tiring to walk in.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts