Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to fabricate a backrest / lumber support. Had a idea of some tubular foam all inside a small (black of course) leather duffle bag or bag of some kind. Then just sit it behind me and off i go, rite. Anybody got any ideas. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
18,342 Posts
ORRRRRRRRRRRR - you could kill 2 birds w/one stone and go this route....

http://www.volusiariders.com/viewtopic.php?t=70972

it has a built in 'backrest' pad you can lean against when its on your passenger pillion....assuming you HAVE a passenger pillion. If you're set up solo, then you should go like Cory stated, and get with Lonnie for one of his backrests.

·
Registered
12,595 Posts
The best is to have your significant other to ride pillion with her hands holding the back of her helmet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, I think ill just have my wife hold by head and massage my back as we ride, never thought of that :lol:

·
Registered
168 Posts
The most best mod I have done is to cut the "brick" out of the seat.
It is a support for the seat and suzuki put it right in the wrong place.

There are links to the seat mod on this sight.Take a look at it.I have no need for a backrest since I did this.My back dont hurt anymore.

·
Registered
126 Posts
+1 on Lonnie's backrest. Best bang for the buck of anything I've gotten for my C50T, bar none. Easy to install, comfortable as hell. I get lower back pains from being such a slouch, but Lonnie's backrest really does the trick.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Backrest

I e-mailed Lonnie today about payment other than the Pay-Pal feature on his web-site. He answered my e-mail 15 minutes later. My check for a non-studded backrest to fit the Mustang seat will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

·
Premium Member
6,843 Posts
Mine is on order since last Thursday, hope it arrives soon :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts