Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2015 C50T...I was given an awesome rear trunk, so I'm looking for a luggage rack. Let me know if there are any out there...thanks.:wayhappy:

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
Do you have a rear pillion on the bike already? If not, then I would suggest $pending the dollar$ and getting a Wompus rack for the bike. It is far and away a better option than trying to sandwich the trunk onto an OEM or aftermarket rack on the bike. The side pieces are chromed aluminum and have a maximum weight capacity of 11 lbs. Most trunks weigh more than that empty.

·
Super Moderator
56,249 Posts
I met Wompus 10 years ago in WV. He's a cranky guy but that probably helps in the making of a strong product.

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
I have a Custom World chrome rear rack available.
PM me!

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
The Wompas rack is simple and strong enough for a trunk. If you ride with a passenger and the trunk is a good size you might get Wompas to stretch it so the trunk sits back farther. I had a Harley leather Tourpack which looked great with the OEM leather saddle bags. Momma didn't have enough room to be comfortable so I made my own rack.

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
The Custom World chrome rear rack will only fit Custom World chrome back rests. It will not fit on any other backrest. (This is the principle problem with aftermarket parts.)

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
The Custom World chrome rear rack will only fit Custom World chrome back rests. It will not fit on any other backrest. (This is the principle problem with aftermarket parts.)
Nope, not the case with this model. It bolts to the rear seat bolt and the fender. I have pictures here somewhere. Just gotta find them and I'll post.

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
Nope, not the case with this model. It bolts to the rear seat bolt and the fender. I have pictures here somewhere. Just gotta find them and I'll post.

Pics showing rack and how it mounts

·
Registered
19,332 Posts
That's not how I envisioned the rack being attached to the bike. Every other time, it requires a sissy bar to attach to.

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
That's not how I envisioned the rack being attached to the bike. Every other time, it requires a sissy bar to attach to.
That's what I liked about this one, if you're riding solo, without the rear pillion

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you for the phots.
I'm going to pass. I think I would have trouble swinging my very short leg over the trunk to get on. Thank you so much

QUOTE=10-64;5065494]

Pics showing rack and how it mounts

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts