Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey riders,
Im wanting some input regarding lowering the rear fender on a c50,I have searched the board but only find info regarding lowering kits.
Anyone have info?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I lowered mine a little over 3" inches. I think the bike looks great that way. My back fender sits about 8" off the ground now. kind of makes the bike look longer. Handles just fine but I do drag the floorboards easer. I made my own. I would personally not use alum. It work hardens much easer. Like you I don't ride 2 up. The wife was her own. If you don't have the equipment to build your own,,, John`s kits are great Quality.

·
Registered
624 Posts
The lowering kits are the way to lower the rear stock fender. You lower the whole rear end at the suspension " bones"

·
Registered
818 Posts
I don't think it will be easy to just lower the fender, it has a pig ugly metal frame under it giving it support. Besides, it moves with the frame not the wheel so there will be clearance issues.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got the Barons lowering kit on now I dropped it one inch and was going to check clearance etc before dropping it any more, I just wish the rear fender didn't sit up so high.
As it is the frame is really low ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts