Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone lowered their bike? My husband lowererd his Yamaha RSTD and likes it. Any adverse effects on the C50?[

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have mine lowered 2 1/2" in the back. I really like the looks of the bike lowered. I don't know that I notice any difference in handling at all, but I do know that on some corners, I'll scrape the floorboards more often and on one particular corner, there is a bump in the road and I scraped the bottom of the frame on the left rear. If you're going to ride 2-up and you're both "average" to "slightly-above average" weight, you may not want to go more than 2" drop. I think I'm going to have to change mine so my wife can go with. I don't know if the rear tire would bottom out on the fender, but I really don't want to take that chance. :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I lowered my C50 3", but at risk of a public beating...I cannot post any more pics of my bike....

Trust me, its easy and looks a WHOLE LOT BETTER!

:wink: :wink:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jimko

2" is about what I'm looking for. What kit did you use? Did you lower front & rear?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
I bought the Barons.com lowering bone because it has 3 holes, stock, 1 inch and 2 inch. Height can be changed by moving one bolt. That said, I did 2 inch and never wanted to change it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts