Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might be too late to do this,,, but is there a way to lower the front about a 1" 1/2 ...?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Wouldn't sliding the forks up a little take care of that? Never tried and I'm not near my bike, so I can totally be off here....

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Try to find progressive springs if you go that route, Can't think of the name of the joint but I just read about a place that offers them, so I'm sure there is more than one place.

Traxxus maybe???

·
Registered
818 Posts
I don't know if you can simply lower the triple clamps on these bikes, that would be the easiest way. Changing the springs sounds simple enough but you'd have to go to someone that knew what they were doing and get a rated spring for the bike, if you go too short you wont have enough suspension.

I changed mine on my old VF750 and got a set of progressive springs, they sat lower but still were stiff enough when needed to stop the suspension bottoming out.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll look into it more But thanks I know it's possible. Might be a winter mod for next year.
I may have seen a kit out there. Can't remember

·
Premium Member
3,197 Posts
Some hack a bit off the springs, others go to a spring kit that will lower and maintain the load carrying ability...

Hacking the end off the spring will destroy the alignment of the spring in the fork tube because the end won't be square.... I'm not sure how significant that is to long term operation but it'll get you the look you want in the short term.....

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Some hack a bit off the springs, others go to a spring kit that will lower and maintain the load carrying ability...

Hacking the end off the spring will destroy the alignment of the spring in the fork tube because the end won't be square.... I'm not sure how significant that is to long term operation but it'll get you the look you want in the short term.....
Nope,,, ill do it right, rather Waite a bit then have a hard ride and wore out tires

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would think not. I'm thinking the VS had longer front forks. I'm thinking C90 or VL1500 if either of those two are listed.
Ok thanks viper.

·
Premium Member
28,859 Posts
I think an inch and a half. But you set the preload with a PVC spacer and you can adjust the drop with the length of that spacer. Longer spacer = less drop, shorter spacer = more drop.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I had an 05 and was able to slide my forks through the triple tree. Free if charge and looked awesome!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts