Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy Folks,

I'm looking on adding aftermarket pips, but also going to be adding H/D hardbags and I want the pipes ( HK or V&H) that will get the top pipe below or close to the axle line. ( kinda' need the room)

Which of the two will do this? ( not really interested in 2-1 pipe )

Brillo

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Brillo said:
Howdy Folks,

I'm looking on adding aftermarket pips, but also going to be adding H/D hardbags and I want the pipes ( HK or V&H) that will get the top pipe below or close to the axle line. ( kinda' need the room)

Which of the two will do this? ( not really interested in 2-1 pipe )

Brillo
May want to check out galleries in the pipes section. Keep in mind, lowering of a bike affects how close the bags will be to the pipes as well, so keep that in mind when looking.

PS, i just got done looking at pics on the internet that sell pipes.... it appears that the V&H straights are going to be about 2-3 inches lower than the 3" big straights, however, the HK 2.5 Inch American Classic Straights are lower than the V&H straights.

So more details are needed... like... what model of pipe in V&H or HK are you looking at?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, but I'm not looking to lower my bike , just looking at getting pipes that are lower to the axle line to install biger saddle bags and I need the room.

Brillo

·
Premium Member
7,988 Posts
Brillo said:
Thanks for the info, but I'm not looking to lower my bike , just looking at getting pipes that are lower to the axle line to install biger saddle bags and I need the room.

Brillo
from the short bit of research i did, it looks like the hk 2.5's are going to be the lowest, the top pipe is just even with the axle line.

do you need it any lower that that? remember to take into account the shock compression when you or someone else sits on it.

Good luck with the bag project!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts