Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I replaced my stock IRC's, with about 4500 miles, with Metzler WW's. The original tires are just taking up room in the shed, so I'm giving them to 1st reply who is willing to pick them up. They are in great shape; no cuts, scuffs, or uneven wear.

Anyone here want them?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Can't pick em up....but am willing to go $20 shipped....not trying to lo-ball or anything like that...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
zooey, I may be wrong, but I think it would cost more than $20 to ship a pair of tires. I just shipped a very small package to Texas business address; it only weiged half a pound, and the UPS charge was $9. I don't have any packaging material, so the time & expense would prohibit. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
You don't have to package a tire to ship it. I had them shipped to me with only a piece of cardboard taped around the tire with the shipping label on it. Saves on time and cost. Just putting that out there in case someone didn't know.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
meldooby said:
UPS is much cheaper to a residence than a business.
The exact opposite is actually true... They discount shipments to (and from) businesses and commerical addresses as they are easier to find, they usually have someone available to receive and sign for packages during normal business hours, etc...

·
Registered
7,830 Posts
Umple Z said:
meldooby said:
The exact opposite is actually true... They discount shipments to (and from) businesses and commerical addresses as they are easier to find, they usually have someone available to receive and sign for packages during normal business hours, etc...
Kinda what I thought. They slap you with a residential 'surcharge' for fighting off the dog, I guess.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK, I didn't know that the tire didn't have to be wrapped. I'll try to check with UPS tomorrow for the cost, after I weigh the tires. I'll post back here, and we'll take it from there.

And yes, UPS charges more for delivery to residence address, and one post said.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Will, I'm also in slower lower. If shipping doesn't work out to be economical for Bikerdude let me know and I can pick them up. My tires still have some miles left on them so I wouldn't want to jump in front of someone who needs them, but I've got room for them and I'm close by so I'm happy to be plan b.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
TNrookie said:
Umple Z said:
meldooby said:
Kinda what I thought. They slap you with a residential 'surcharge' for fighting off the dog, I guess.
Yep.. they need the extra cash for pepper spray and Milkbones.. ;)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK. zooey & bikerdude, what are your zip-codes? I'll post back the shipping charge; then you can decide if you want them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts