Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had the same problem with mine after the dealer serviced the bike Even though they had plugged in the white connector under the tank, it was a little crooked and slightly loose. Twisted the connector and it now works fine. Maybe it's as simple as that.

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
have had the same problem since last june...started out of nowhere...first started by blinking when i first started then it would adjust itself to where it should be...then a few weeks later all it did was continously blink...checked everything i could think of which was nothing more than disconnecting/reconnecting dash plug hoping it would reset itself... had the service dept check it the next time i brought it in and they told me a quick check for something obvious came up negative...told me they could investigate further for a but there would be a charge ...told them i would just monitor my mileage instead hoping it eventually would come back...still blinking.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Similar problem on my C90. No fuel light, but the LCD bar graph was showing empty with plenty of gas left in the tank. The problem was the pivot on the sending unit float arm was loose and allowed the two pieces of the resistance sensor to be too far apart. There is too much space between the bend in the float arm and the bracket that is supposed to keep it in line.

I fixed it by winding a small amount of extremely thin stainless wire (an electric guitar E string) around the float arm at the pivot, essentially taking up the excess space between the bend in the arm and the bracket. This made the arm pivot in a truer arc, keeping the sensor components closer together, solving the problem. I'm going on my 3rd riding season and it's still working fine.

·
Super Moderator
20,506 Posts
nice to have those talents...my luck, I would end up using the G-String instead and then post here about how an idiot like myself successfully made the repair using the G-string which would then have my wife peering over my shoulder wondering what I was writing about and upon seeing the reference to a G-String and knowing she herself does not have a G-String,,well that would open up a whole can of worms resulting in my spending a few nites sleeping on the cold floor in the garage next to my ride....guess sometimes its better to be clueless.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts