Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
25,244 Posts
Now that it's spring? Absolutely! I probably see 3x as many Harleys as any other model. Now, two months ago? I didn't see a single Harley. Even the scooter riders don't whine about the cold, and they don't even have the heated grips! :biglaugh:

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,945 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,888 Posts
Just back from a long weekend in Philadelphia, where the weather was gorgeous.

I was shocked at how relatively *few* bikes I saw at all. Seriously, I thought everybody'd be rollin'.

My from-the-hip observation of what bikes I did see was a 50-50 split: Half were Harleys, the other half were crotch rockets.

·
Super Moderator
20,498 Posts
wouldn't be because now that you ride one you can identify with them...did you adapt to the harley wave yet? Is it the open hand down... 2 fingers down...or middle finger staright up and pointed at the on-coming rider...

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
The few HD riders I know look for perfect days and hope to have the time off. Seems they are too busy working to pay for the HD to ride it that much.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've seen a sprinkling of bikes over the last few days - mostly sport bikes. I think folk in Chicago are bracing for the last blow before they commit to the street.
I've already put more then 230 miles since I got it out of storage and service in March.

·
Super Moderator
57,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wouldn't be because now that you ride one you can identify with them...did you adapt to the harley wave yet? Is it the open hand down... 2 fingers down...or middle finger staright up and pointed at the on-coming rider...
You'll find out with your next purchase. You want Barb comfortable don't you?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Beautiful day out there today. I heard quite a few bikes out there but I didn't see any. On my back in bed for the last 2 days. Somehow I threw my back out. I have no clue how. I think someone has got a voodoo doll and pins out paying me back for something I said. :crying::boozin:

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I only put 268 miles on this weekend. What amazed me was the number of bugs I hit.
It brought back many fond memories. One tasted particularly good!

·
Registered
324 Posts
:bigoops:Got out there and got covered in bug splats.
Took the bike to a drive through car wash.
Bad news: Had a hard time connecting the bike to the conveyor hook.
Good News: Got a Free air freshener for the rear view mirror.
Bad News: Cruising down the freeway, I can't even smell it.

·
Premium Member
2,087 Posts
There are a lot of Harley's around the Raleigh area as well. I'd say four out of five bikes are Harley's, with the other bike being a variety such as our Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Triumph, Can-AM and large scooters. There's a big dealer near downtown and they sponsor a lot of rides and other events, I'm sure they sell a lot of bikes too. I'm seeing more Harley trikes out there too.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I rode about 500 miles this weekend through the North Georgia country roads and hills and there were a ton of bikers out riding - more than half Harleys, but a good number of metric bikes and trikes. It was a beautiful weekend and it was so nice just to cruise around. Then I get home last night and read that a judge out riding with his wife in the north Georgia county of Fannin, which is pretty far north almost in Tennessee was killed this weekend and his wife hospitalized when a car just crossed the center line and hit them head on. I always keep my head up and am attentive at intersections, but who could ever anticipate a car just crossing over into your lane and hitting you head on. Hopefully he never knew what hit him and is resting in peace today.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts