Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
A Quick Update...I am progressing well. Getting back in the saddle has helped a lot but I am still real leery when I see a car on the side of the road...i.e. like it's fixing to turn out or u-turn or not for sure what they are going to do... Yesterday, I actually came to a complete stop in the middle of the road when I had a car pull off looking like it was going to turn around...a pretty tense moment to say the least. I hope that I can work through these moments because it could create another more serious problem with traffic behind me as well... It has been good though getting out in the open air and the road, the hair blowing in the wind...no wait, that was a movie I saw last week...:biglaugh: It has been nice getting to ride again though and the new bike is amazing to say the least...I am Honored to have so many Friends and for that...I Thank You All...

BB

·
Registered
195 Posts
I'm glad you are okay despite soreness and fractures. I know his insurance will pay for your bike. My advice, don't trust any Cagers at all. Keep your distance and it's okay to be leery. I wish law could be more stricter for Cagers.

Get well soon!

·
Registered
317 Posts
My lowside was chumpchange compared to your wreck but I've started getting a new mild panic response when quickturning to the right- same side I lowsided on. Still it feels great to be riding again! Take care out there...

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
"Prgoressing well" - that's great BB! The leary feelings are pefectly normal considering what you went through. I never had a motorcycle accident like yours (thank God) but I did have a drunk driver ram into my car head-on back in the 90's. When I would drive after that I felt the same way you do... but it will dissapate with time and eventually go away.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
I am Extremely Appreciative of All the Responses and Prayers from All of My Friends here on VR...I know that w/o You and them, I would not have made the progress that I have...It is such a Great Feeling to know You All are here for each and every one of Us...So Thank You All...

101 - 106 of 106 Posts