Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 106 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Ya know I almost didn't even post about my accident...thought I might be just looking for attention and all...I know it's not really true and I know there will be a few of my closer friends want to smack me around but it's just me...but ya know, I've been thinking here for a little bit...I know~~sounds crazy to me to~~but if this post makes one, just one put a helmet on or put a "better" helmet on, then, I'm glad I got the attention...ALL of You are my Friends, even if I haven't met You, if we have conversed here or you've answered on of my posts or you've been answered by me...we're Friends and I put it with a capital letter...Friend...and You better like it~~but I hope that this accident has made at least one of you think a little more about your noggin because I did for the 6-10 times it kept hitting the pavement and me telling myself..."self...is this ever gonna end..." Thanks So Much To All of You For the Prayers and Well Wishes, the Karma and the Thoughts...My Family and Myself Thanks You From the Bottom of Our Hearts...

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Yer a class act Steve.. All the very best- Let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do for you., I know I am far..But still.. Whatever you need Bud!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Yikes! Glad you were not hurt worse. Glad you had good gear. You just never know when something unexpected might happen. Your post certainly reinforces to everyone to wear good gear. I like a full face helmet and your post demonstrates to everyone it's a good idea! Dual modulating headlights and he didn't see you?! WOW! Best wishes for your recovery.

39 Posts
So sorry to hear this man. My best wishes are out for you. I often find myself riding without a helmet. Your story is one of many that makes me realize just how stupid that is. Heal fast man, let me know if i can help in any way

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
So glad for the most part you're OK! Praying for a speedy recovery.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
All of you Guys and Gals make me so Proud to be a Member here...Not a Better Group to be found...

·
Registered
115 Posts
i dont need to be reminded why i wear a full face helmet often.

seems everytime i lift my shield a nice stink bug or dragonfly comes in at 60mph and tags my shades and nose. nothing like watery eyes and trying to scrape guts off your face going down highway let alone sliding down the road at 45mph

·
Registered
272 Posts
Bigbird,
Went for a little ride today (272 miles) and I'm not going to lie, as i was loading up the bike, your story popped into my head and the lid went on and stayed and stayed on all day. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
9,048 Posts
Check this out...

What The Hay!! :shock:

Is this one of your "Unbelievable Mods"?! :razz:

With all the accidents this fall, I'm thinking I'm kinda glad it's snowing here. Takes me off the risk list!

Hoping your injuries will not be of the sort that cause grief down the road for you. Get better buddy!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Wow Big B, I'm so angry that brain dead cager cut you of. :curse: Thank God you're going to be ok. That just goes to show that if an experienced veteran like you can caught in bad situation like that - any of us can.
We have to always be vigilant and 'prayed up' before we suit up. I wish you the best in growing feathers back and get back into the saddle again. And thanks for all your contributions to this on-line community.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Glad to see you're OK. Yikes!!!

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
...... I'm just very glad you are on the top side of the pavement.

Dang. . . . that was too close.

Please let us know what the Docs say reagarding your back, and other bruised items.

·
Premium Member
2,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well after talking to my Agent today, the other guy filed against me saying I ran into the back of him. So, I guess my bike after he pulled out in front of me and I laid it down and rolled over on the ground 6-8 times, my bike slid down and spanked his 2011 Lexus in the a**, so after his apology of, "I'm sorry, I did not see you...". He decides to claim it was my fault that he tried to remove me from my grand daughter's playtime and action-figure list. What a sorry piece of meat that God strung guts through...

BB

·
Premium Member
2,859 Posts
Like I said Steve- Lawyer up!...
He has!!!!

41 - 60 of 106 Posts