Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so yes I'm new to the riding really , I've had this bike for alittle bit but just st had oil changed about 1,000 miles ago but today on the way back home it started to loss power and not able to pass others on interstate and as I got slower eventually it just died and so I tried the whole roll start and it just slid the back tire, but I gived it alittle while went made sure there was plenty of oil but really don't know the forsure way to tell sorry I know I'm going to hear about that , anyways it still wouldn't crank over.... Had even jump box and it wouldn't budge, now I'm assuming it's blown up and I know it's my dumb a** fault but what do you think is there anything else I could be missing that could be the problem. Take it easy in me now guys I know I screwed it up probably, just how things are kinda going these days anyways thanks for any helpful information

·
Super Moderator
33,528 Posts
Sorry to say that it sounds like the engine blew and you lost compression.

·
Administrator
57,144 Posts
First, check the oil level by sitting on the bike in straight up position, and use a mechanic's mirror for verification.
Pull the spark plugs and check the compression on both cylinders.
If the compression seems mediocre, do a Leak Down Compression Test.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Okay so yes I'm new to the riding really , I've had this bike for alittle bit but just st had oil changed about 1,000 miles ago but today on the way back home it started to loss power and not able to pass others on interstate and as I got slower eventually it just died and so I tried the whole roll start and it just slid the back tire, but I gived it alittle while went made sure there was plenty of oil but really don't know the forsure way to tell sorry I know I'm going to hear about that , anyways it still wouldn't crank over.... Had even jump box and it wouldn't budge, now I'm assuming it's blown up and I know it's my dumb a** fault but what do you think is there anything else I could be missing that could be the problem. Take it easy in me now guys I know I screwed it up probably, just how things are kinda going these days anyways thanks for any helpful information
What year bike?
Have you checked the kickstand switch to make sure it is working properly? (sometimes fiddling with the kickstand while trying to get it to crank will expose a weakening kickstand spring)
Is the kill switch in the run position.
You aren't going to spin this bike's motor in less than third without a massive fight, fifth with someone in the saddle will without a doubt verify a seized engine.
does the engine turn with the starter or is it stuck (the starter tries to turn it but it can't)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay small update for all the questions and answers i ua e received. Start off I'm fixing to go check with the kickstand and make sure right gearing but I'm pretty sure I made it to neutral before I tried to turn back over but will double check. I did notice about 3 hrs later a very small but it was still there puddle of oil right under the bike and it hadn't had that before. Could've been already on the road so I will make sure to check that further too. I just want to say I give y'all a huge thanks for having this page and being willing to help others out with your experience. Thanks again will update as soon as I know the absolute damage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts