Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today me and my wife went for a ride to mount Tamborine, we did about a 100 kms ride, everything went well, however as we came back we stopped at a friends house. We reached our friends house and as the bike came to a dead halt, I suddenly lost balance and we both fell towards our left and the bike on top of us.........no major damage to bike or injury to us........but I am still scratching my head on what happened.........

The bike is a Suzuki C50T and about 4 months old and I have done about 700 kms on this bike (previous bike was a Yamaha YZFR6)

Regards - Raj

·
Registered
579 Posts
falling over

Today me and my wife went for a ride to mount Tamborine, we did about a 100 kms ride, everything went well, however as we came back we stopped at a friends house. We reached our friends house and as the bike came to a dead halt, I suddenly lost balance and we both fell towards our left and the bike on top of us.........no major damage to bike or injury to us........but I am still scratching my head on what happened.........

The bike is a Suzuki C50T and about 4 months old and I have done about 700 kms on this bike (previous bike was a Yamaha YZFR6)

Regards - Raj
I did the same thing this week end. Glad I had highway bars so no damage only my pride.

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
wheel turned slighty will easily caused this

Reactions: 10-64

·
Registered
21,402 Posts
Gravity is a cruel mistress who must be obeyed. The C50 is about double the weight of your YZ6. Since motorcycles rely on gyroscopic effects to maintain an upright condition, the external force necessary to keep the bike upright increases exponentially as the speed decreases. The more mass you have on the bike, the greater the force is required.
You went from a very light, very nimble bike to something of an ox-cart with marginal brakes. It is going to be a handful until you get used to the weight. They don't stand up by themselves.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I did something like that once with my wife on the back. We were turning around at this little general store out in the boonies, and I let the bike lean over too far to the left side and the weight got away from me. She rolled right off onto the ground, and then I was able to catch the bike and keep it from going all the way down. How crazy tough! I had never had anything like that happen before. :moneyeyes:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I'd say that parking lot crashes are some of the most common types with these larger cruising bikes. They hit the tipping point of no return pretty fast, add a passenger and it gets even faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.