Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Jardines, K&N, and FI2000. I've read several notes on FI2000 settings and have finally settled on 5.5 6.5 6. Rides like a charm, great sound and great guts. However, occasionally it will act like it is not getting fuel. I've noticed at all speed levels and especially when I go over a bump. I think I may need to solder the connectors like someone else had said. I also suspect I may have gotten a bad batch of fuel. I didn't notice it until a refuel about two refills ago. I'm riding it close to empty and plan on putting 89 octane versus the 87 and give that a try.

Though my gut is beginning to tell me it is the connectors.

Anyone else experience bad fuel?
Are the T-connectors hard to pop off for the solder job?

Kevin

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i wouldnt tear it apart yet, wait and get used to the when why and hows .of what it is doing! but when you do open her up check the plugs and let us know,

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ..... I am planning a 200-250 mile ride on Sunday. I'm taking some tools with me :cry: I may take a pair of needle nosed pliers and try to crimp the T-connectors a little tighter first. If that fixes it, then I'll know what is was.

Those Cobra FI setting may be a little rich but the sound improved and deceleration noise went away when I changed the second pot to 6.5 (originally on 5), and the last pot to 6 (originally on 4.5). I just upped the first pot to 5.5 due to idling problems after a cold start and a week of not riding. Basically it's a combo of settings I've found on this site.

I'll keep you posted.

Kevin

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fuel Problem Fixed

All,

I fixed the problem. I did not have good FI2000 wire connections. I looked at the T-connectors and noticed they make their contact in a front to back fashion versus top to bottom. So I re-crimped the T-connectors front to back and all is solved.

The settings are now at: 5 5.5 5

Kevin

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Ed....I am relieved.....big time.

Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts