Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to buy a set for Stella (2005 c50t) and I remember seeing a couple members trying to sell some on here a while back. I will be ready to buy a set in a few days and wanted to ask around and see if anyone is selling. I would be happier with a larger pipe and it really doesn't make any difference if it is Cobra or VH. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns. They are slightly staggered and offer a 1 7/8 pipe that come out to a 2 1/2 on the rear portion with 2 1/2 inch heat shields. They are god awful loud without baffles in.

That's a picture of them in my signature.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Cobra Streetrod Slashdowns. They are slightly staggered and offer a 1 7/8 pipe that come out to a 2 1/2 on the rear portion with 2 1/2 inch heat shields. They are god awful loud without baffles in.

That's a picture of them in my signature.
they are godwawful loud with the baffles in, i cant ride without earplugs

·
Registered
670 Posts
The hard bags take that sound WAY down. I can even hear my radio just fine at 75-80 mph. I don't know about above that. It's really the fastest I go.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he only thing that worries me about getting pipes is having to get more crap to make the bike run right afterwards. I am curious what you guys had to buy besides the pipes? Thanks a bunch for your help!

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
mine is carbed and was rejetted, all before i bought it

·
Registered
79 Posts
Just curious as I am back on forums and in similiar boat my bike is straight pipes stock loud as can be and I lol at people saying to loud is it possible some pipes are louder then straight pipes no baffles? Loud is good ESP being in NYC.... People do not hear you!

On serious note you will need to either

1. Get lucky that your new pipes offer similiar back pressure then your stock or current ones or

2. Most likely have to buy a computer chip fuel thingy that has to be installed perhaps adjusted and maybe even dynoed unsure about dyno part...

All in all fancy pipes cost 200-600 and chip costs 200-500 I think then install and adjustments Gluck never understand why these bikes aren't made to be adjusted through a computer instead of having to also invest in another chip thing

You can see I'm really fancy in terms of words rtc hah GL

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mark, your bike is FI, you won't need a fuel processor or anything else if just changing the pipes. If you change the intake as well, then you will be way lean and need a fuel processor.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
To make it run right you need to add a high flow air intake and re-jet the carb or add a processor for FI models. Plenty of threads on that if you do a search. Gonna cost at least $750-1000 including pipes unless you find it all used.

Owning a bike is like a marriage (or girlfriend) if you nickle and dime her on the bling it's not going to go well :biglaugh:

Reactions: 10-64

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
popping and backfireing could be too lean

·
Registered
410 Posts
I ran pipes without a fuel processor for over a year with no issues. If you do get some popping on decelleration, you can depair. But I didn't have to. Pulled the plugs during this time and they looked fine. I eventually added a K&N Filter and drilled my airbox, at that time I added a Cobra FI2000 processor.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So if I want to avoid any trouble that could potentially come up because of the change I'd be ahead to just dive in and do it all at once? I am not real sure I know enough about the fuel processor to make that mod myself. Is it difficult to do? I am sure if I search it I can find all of this but I figured since we are already talking about it I might be able to pick the brains of the others that own the fuel injected bikes like my 2005 c50t. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I ran the Cobra FI2000R which is plug and play - took longer to remove the tank than it did to install the unit. If you have basic wrenching skills you can do it if you follow their instructons. I replaced the pipes, air intake and installed the processor myself and I'm no grease monkey.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanx! I am just so torn about what I want. I am afraid that I am anticipating too much out of my little 800cc bike. I have a LOT of Harley friends and I hear their pipes roaring all the time and the Harley sound is something that I know can't be duplicated but I want more of a loud rumble and I fear that even after spending nearly $1000 to get everything I need I will be disappointed and then I will be mad! LOL! I have only heard one c50 with pipes in person and I really didn't like it. I am glad I posted this here because you guys have really helped me out. I am thinking that I really have nothing to lose by trying the conduit pipe up the baffle trick first. I have already drilled four 1/2" holes in each plate in the back and it did give me a sound that I preferred over the stock and I have read a bunch about this baffle mod and people seem to think it is a great improvement. Sorry to drone on and on but that money is just so hard to come by it would be a shame if I am expecting too much. I guess it all boils down to; there's really no substitute for CC's!

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You can get loud - but not a deep rumble. My Cobra pipes set off car alarms all the time, it's just a higher pitch than the larger bikes.

Go to youtube and do a search for C50 exhaust and you'll find lots of before and after video.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have searched u-tube for those and though there are tons of them the sound quality of the video leaves a lot to be desired. I will try the Abe mod and then go from there. Thanks so much for everyone's help!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have searched u-tube for those and though there are tons of them the sound quality of the video leaves a lot to be desired. I will try the Abe mod and then go from there. Thanks so much for everyone's help!
just met two local guys well havent met them yet but they claim they can do all work i need so with their creativeness I will likely try honest abe mod off of someone elses stock pipes although I doubt Ill be happy coming from straight pipes or pray to find a used combo pipes chip filter setup... :) also need seat hah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.