Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to this site and also a new Volusia owner and was wondering what’s some good mods I can add to this bike? I’ve been looking online at some sights and only thing I’ve ordered so far is a windshield and sissy bar with back rest but want to order the Memphis shades batwing fairing soon. Any help is appreciated

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Here's my suggestion:
Leave the pipes alone.
Leave the fuel system alone.
Leave the timing alone.

Get an Ultimate seat, and enjoy riding your bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's my suggestion:
Leave the pipes alone.
Leave the fuel system alone.
Leave the timing alone.

Get an Ultimate seat, and enjoy riding your bike.
Thanks bbqjoe I was looking at some ultimate seats. I’ll definitely be getting new seats for it

·
Registered
19,519 Posts
The Ultimate, Russell Day Long or Mustang saddle are all great choices. The other upgrade I would strongly suggest is replacing the stock front brake hose with a Galfer braided stainless steel and get some better brake pads. Most go with EBC, but there are others. Like Joe said earlier, resist the urge to monkey with the pipes, intake and fuel system. There's no hidden power waiting to be unlocked. Instead, you just end up with a bunch of headaches down the road. Enjoy the bike.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Ultimate, Russell Day Long or Mustang saddle are all great choices. The other upgrade I would strongly suggest is replacing the stock front brake hose with a Galfer braided stainless steel and get some better brake pads. Most go with EBC, but there are others. Like Joe said earlier, resist the urge to monkey with the pipes, intake and fuel system. There's no hidden power waiting to be unlocked. Instead, you just end up with a bunch of headaches down the road. Enjoy the bike.
Thank you. I don’t plan to mess with any of that mainly looking at mods to make it look better and feel better. I will be looking into those brake pads because mine are about due for a change anyway

·
Super Moderator
20,484 Posts
once you get the shield, you may exoerience buffeting around your head...invest in some lowers if you do...they will help.

·
Super Moderator
20,484 Posts
a litebar not only adds light for better vision at nite, it also provides you with being more visible when out riding day and night...one can't be visible enough...enjoy and ride safe...btw..nice looking ride

·
Registered
12 Posts
-DJ DRIVE
-Led or hid headlight
-oem or aftermarket lightbar with led or hid aux lights
-saddlebags be it soft or hard bags
-usa trailer store batwing with stereo
-apehanger handlebars 12" or less unless you change cables and lines
-crashbar with highway pegs or lindby bars
-oem floorboards
-led tails and turns, aux brake/turns on the bags (you can never have too much lighting, seen is safe most of the time)
-stebel horn replacement

And so on and so forth. So many many many modifications to be made to this bike, all can be found with a little time and the search bar. Also dont be scared off of exhaust and intake if that's what you wanna do, a rejet is simple and quick to do.

Have fun, make it unique and a bike you are proud to own and ride, and most of all ride safe.

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
Before starting, How much $ do you want to spend or have to do it?
It's very easy to get into $ problems to fast.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
once you get the shield, you may exoerience buffeting around your head...invest in some lowers if you do...they will help.
Yeah I’ve been seeing a lot about buffeting after I ordered it. I didn’t know what it was before. But thanks I def will

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Before starting, How much $ do you want to spend or have to do it?
It's very easy to get into $ problems to fast.
Right now I don’t really have a budget just buying things here and there when I see them and can afford it. I could def go broke real quick if I bought everything I want right now for it lol

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
-DJ DRIVE
-Led or hid headlight
-oem or aftermarket lightbar with led or hid aux lights
-saddlebags be it soft or hard bags
-usa trailer store batwing with stereo
-apehanger handlebars 12" or less unless you change cables and lines
-crashbar with highway pegs or lindby bars
-oem floorboards
-led tails and turns, aux brake/turns on the bags (you can never have too much lighting, seen is safe most of the time)
-stebel horn replacement

And so on and so forth. So many many many modifications to be made to this bike, all can be found with a little time and the search bar. Also dont be scared off of exhaust and intake if that's what you wanna do, a rejet is simple and quick to do.

Have fun, make it unique and a bike you are proud to own and ride, and most of all ride safe.
Thank you for all that. The guy I bought the bike off of has saddlebags for it and were suppose to meet soon so I can get them. I’ve also been looking at handlebars to raise up my posture when I ride. Debating on risers or new handlebars. Do you know how hard it is to replace the handlebars and having to put everything back on the new handlebars?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Risers will most definitely be easier if your just looking for an inch or 2. If your changing the bars, the only difficult thing will be the left grip, assuming the PO glued it to the bar. Everything else is a simple swap. Just stay under 12" unless you want to change cables and extend wires.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have done lots of mods because I like wrenching and it’s my way of getting to know the bike. Some are more beneficial than others. So far I have:
1) Trimmed down the windshield (Didn’t like the tall look)
2) replaced grips (kuryakyn Kinetic)
3) installed LED headlight (I posted a video on this forum and YouTube just search my username)
4) added kuryakyn constellation light bar
5) heaters under the new grips
6) built custom aluminum housing to mount the light bar and heater switches to
7) honest Abe exhaust mod (for the hell of it)
8) added Oxford muffs for winter riding (only thing that really kept my hands warm)
9) byron crash bars with leather wrap
10) bar pegs
11) usb charge port
12) shaping of foam on the stock seat

the led headlight and light bar were great additions. Heated grips are nice too. Most others are just up to preference

1 - 16 of 16 Posts