Suzuki Volusia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning guys
having a long trip to an annual long ride and need a cargo rack for my luggage
maybe somebody haves one that has no use, don’t want to buy the ones from ebay ,looking for the OEM
thank you!
Chris

imagen jpg

·
Registered
21,181 Posts
OEM racks only fit OEM backrests.

There is no standard to which luggage racks are made. They can be long, short, skinny, fat, two holes, three holes, 1/2 diameter, 3/4" diameter all with different mounting points.

It is not so simple as ordering a generic luggage rack to fit your bike.

Reactions: Tortoise

·
Registered
454 Posts
Ordering backrest and or luggage racks can be a real pain. especially online. you have to make sure that it will not only fit your bike, but that any other additional add-ons you wish to pursue will fit as well. Also, make sure that you purchase any additional mounting kits that are needed for installation.
I backed myself into a corner when I installed the National Cycle Paladin quick detach passenger backrest. I love how it looks and the ease it was to install, but now if I want to add hard mounted saddle bags, they also have to be National Cycle brand, same goes for the Luggage rack (as Skrapiron pointed out).

The best thing I did was buy a nice T-Bag. It fits any backrest, and holds a good amount of gear. Now i don't have to worry about expensive saddlebags (yet) and the T-Bag is quick to dismount and easy to carry when not on the bike.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
my sissy is the same as this one

share image
That image is the stock set up for the touring backrest or sometimes referred to as the C90 swivel backrest. Get the dimensions of the width of the brackets just below the backrest pad (ID and OD) and bolt hole size and its fairly easy from there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.