Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to buy a OEM gel seat if anyone has one available. On the Suzuki Oneida site the shipping is pretty outrageous so looking for a better deal if it’s out there. Let me know whatcha got!

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
Looking to buy a OEM gel seat if anyone has one available. On the Suzuki Oneida site the shipping is pretty outrageous so looking for a better deal if it’s out there. Let me know whatcha got!
TBH I'd NEVER deal with Oneida again!
Terrible customer service, you can never reach a "live" person, and their shipping SUCKS
I requested a rush, priority courier, for some parts I needed and they didn't even ship the parts for about a week! I was hoping they'd get shipped on a Thursday (I ordered online on Wednesday) and they didn't ship until the following Thursday, when I recieved the tracking number!
WTF is with paying for priority courier?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TBH I'd NEVER deal with Oneida again!
Terrible customer service, you can never reach a "live" person, and their shipping SUCKS
I requested a rush, priority courier, for some parts I needed and they didn't even ship the parts for about a week! I was hoping they'd get shipped on a Thursday (I ordered online on Wednesday) and they didn't ship until the following Thursday, when I recieved the tracking number!
WTF is with paying for priority courier?

Dang that sucks. I’ve been reading some bad things about them anyway and good thing you said that because if I didn’t find one in here I was going to pay to have it shipped faster. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
6,733 Posts
Dang that sucks. I’ve been reading some bad things about them anyway and good thing you said that because if I didn’t find one in here I was going to pay to have it shipped faster. Thanks for the heads up!
All I can say is "buyer beware". I'd pay more elsewhere rather than deal with these guys again!

·
Registered
851 Posts
I don't think you will find a big improvement with the gel. I didn't and ended up with a Mustang.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Is it the dreaded bump in the seat pan I've been reading about, soft foam, or...? My experience is that lower price bikes always have soft suspension and mediocre seats. Is this the case? I'm reading up on the C50 while wait on my project bike.

·
Administrator
52,607 Posts
The factory gel seat is somewhat firmer than the std Suziuki seat.
Some folks will find that suitable, others prefer the Mustang, or softer accessory seats.
I'd take some time, and sit on a factory gel seat, and/or a Mustang, prior to opening Your wallet.

For me, the factory gel seat was superb, and I bought mine from an Ebay vendor (Suzuki Dealer) in Central Texas, for $135.
At the time, He had 3 or 4 new gel seats for sale.......but that was 11 years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts