Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone. I was wondering if there are any leads on a front fender for my 2002 Suzuki Volusia? OEM part # 53111-41F00-FH9. The mounting points have cracked on both sides and is in rough shape. I bought a plastic welding kit to see if I can repair because with this fender I have nothing to lose. My Volusia is the 2 - tone platinum (?) silver combo. Does anyone out there have any other ideas on replacement if the OEM is not out there somewhere?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might have luck with some of the guys that have bobbed their bike. If they went the BCB route, I'll bet they have a take-off lying around. That's what I'm hoping for with replacement seats. Read up on ABS plastic cement. It contains acetone and will actually melt the plastic back together. I read about this over at Goldwingdocs.com when I bought my '82 GL1100 Interstate. It works really well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You might have luck with some of the guys that have bobbed their bike. If they went the BCB route, I'll bet they have a take-off lying around. That's what I'm hoping for with replacement seats. Read up on ABS plastic cement. It contains acetone and will actually melt the plastic back together. I read about this over at Goldwingdocs.com when I bought my '82 GL1100 Interstate. It works really well.
Thanks for the advice. I used ABS cement on a crack in the fender when I bought the bike in 2007. I agree, the stuff works great.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. I used ABS cement on a crack in the fender when I bought the bike in 2007. I agree, the stuff works great.
I noticed you mentioned something about replacement seats? I have an original (just the main saddle, not the passenger) in my garage taking up space if you are interested.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Not sure where in Canada you are but there are several motorcycle salvage yards in my area of Ontario where I’ve had good luck finding parts for my 06 Boulevard and the 02 Volusia I recently sold.
There are people on this forum with more knowledge than I have who may know for sure but it’s possible the and early year Boulevard front fender will also fit a Volusia.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for that advice. Unfortunately the salvage yards here in BC are very few and the one I have been to would not have a fender for my Volusia according to them. I am pretty sure the Boulevard front fenders may fit, I know the rear fender was redesigned but not sure if the front one was.

·
Super Moderator
4,446 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts