Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys thought i would as for some input on what pipes sound good on the boulevard c50's. i just bought my bike and love it but would like a little more sound out of it. i have a hard time hearing it when i am riding and if i cant hear it then other drivers around me are less likely to hear it. i have been looking at some pipes on line but have a hard time knowing what will sound good as many of them dont have sound clips with them. i was thinking about going with a set of cobra drag pipes. so if anyone has any information on them or other pipes to look at please let me know.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the link jimko that helps alot. did you have to us a digital fuel processor on yours after you changed out the pipes.

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
jrode said:
thanks for the link jimko that helps alot. did you have to us a digital fuel processor on yours after you changed out the pipes.
Ah no sweat j
I didn't add a power controller after re-piping.

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
V&H cruzers are also popular here. I got a set awhile ago but can't say as to how they sound because I am recovering from an knee injury. I can't ride just yet so I took the bike apart to do the complete engine mods of pipes, intake, processor. Along w/ a new HID light and am in no hurry to finish.

BTW, I am leaving the guts in the pipes.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just put 2" Cobra Drags Slashcut on my 05 C50 and love the deep rich sound. I've noticed an improvement in power as well. They are less expensive than most.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I run the Cobra StreetRod Slash downs and I love the deep throaty sound they put out.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just put on a set of Cobra StreetRod Slash Downs this spring and I love the way they sound. I had to rejet the carb for mine. My brother-in-law put the Cobra StreetRods on his C50 and he had to put the fuel controller on his bike after the pipe change because it wouldnt run right.

·
Registered
697 Posts
One more vote for the Cobra StreetRod Slash Downs. I just put them on, after having HK Big 3's. Liked both, but the look and sound of the Cobras are a little better in my opinion!!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ok sorry to trample the thread, after 20 k now on stock pipes they have gotten a good bit louder. nothing near as loud as anything aftermarket but I have to ask will the cobra street rods end the problem of the smoked up turnsignal. I'm frigen tired of trying to keep it clean.....

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
gr88pe said:
Ok sorry to trample the thread, after 20 k now on stock pipes they have gotten a good bit louder. nothing near as loud as anything aftermarket but I have to ask will the cobra street rods end the problem of the smoked up turnsignal. I'm frigen tired of trying to keep it clean.....
you sure your not running a tad rich? I didn't get that problem w/ my stockers. Can't say about cruzers , havn't fired the bike up yet( doing mods).

·
Registered
68 Posts
2007C50REDBLACK said:
I run the Cobra StreetRod Slash downs and I love the deep throaty sound they put out.
+1

·
Registered
435 Posts
Boxwrench said:
gr88pe said:
you sure your not running a tad rich? I didn't get that problem w/ my stockers. Can't say about cruzers , havn't fired the bike up yet( doing mods).
Probbably am a lil rich now although shouldnt be for the first 10k when I really got on it it puff out a lil white smoke every now and agean, but the last time I was told about smoke they said it was black. the only thing I changed was to a k&n airfilter and valves set for a 3rd time, and by the way sonds worse after letting the dealer do the job....

·
Premium Member
17,921 Posts
gr88pe said:
Boxwrench said:
gr88pe said:
Probbably am a lil rich now although shouldnt be for the first 10k when I really got on it it puff out a lil white smoke every now and agean, but the last time I was told about smoke they said it was black. the only thing I changed was to a k&n airfilter and valves set for a 3rd time, and by the way sonds worse after letting the dealer do the job....
K&N huh? the filter may affcect that. Don't know about valves yet still below factory look at time.

·
Registered
736 Posts
pipes

I have the HK big 3 inch straights.. and they are LOUD just got HARD kore baffles in them after sixpack got his... as for loud the hk's are loud. As for being able to deal with them... I would say no. Yer neighbors wont like you much... and i mean the neighboring county.
Umm I also wanted to say I too, had the directional carbon problem. I always had to clean the right turn signal which is why I got rid of em. HAHA. Clear alternatives made my day.
I see tons of people really love thier cobra's on here. I just REALLY liked the hard chrome look. And I really thought after spending that much money, it woulda sounded so much better.
I liked it at first but after hours of driving they get on yer nerves with out the hard kore baffle baffles. They are from smartpartz.com. Good stuff.
-dWv

·
Registered
697 Posts
Re: pipes

Dragonwingedvolusia said:
I have the HK big 3 inch straights.. and they are LOUD just got HARD kore baffles in them after sixpack got his... as for loud the hk's are loud. As for being able to deal with them... I would say no. Yer neighbors wont like you much... and i mean the neighboring county.
Umm I also wanted to say I too, had the directional carbon problem. I always had to clean the right turn signal which is why I got rid of em. HAHA. Clear alternatives made my day.
I see tons of people really love thier cobra's on here. I just REALLY liked the hard chrome look. And I really thought after spending that much money, it woulda sounded so much better.
I liked it at first but after hours of driving they get on yer nerves with out the hard kore baffle baffles. They are from smartpartz.com. Good stuff.
-dWv
+1 I liked the look of the HK's....but not the sound. Just couldnt get it right.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts