Suzuki Volusia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to warn all living in the Northeastern. and Eastern U.S.
Here in Indy we just got 3.5"of the nasty white stuff with another 3-4" due to fall throughout Thurs. and it is coming your way.

·
Administrator
6,051 Posts
Just tried to go to work from the Northern Catskills of New York, but turned back. There is already 4-5 inches on the ground, more is coming very fast, and it's exceptionally slippery, probably because it's so cold.

Be careful, my friends.

·
Administrator
6,051 Posts
You might get the second batch, Bob, but congratulations on your escape so far.

·
Registered
21,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's 7:10 and another 1" has fallen. It's coming down hard, fast ,and now with sleet mixed in.

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
Just wanted to warn all living in the Northeastern. and Eastern U.S.
Here in Indy we just got 3.5"of the nasty white stuff with another 3-4" due to fall throughout Thurs. and it is coming your way.
Scorpion46, with ALL due respect and then some.

I've never read or heard about a person who lives above the mason dixon line even making a reference to anything less than a foot of snow. You bored? :)

Hey, y'all pick on us when when we talk about our 0.6385 inches of snow we average. You know I'm right. This winter Auburn is going to get 18 inches of snow. Mark my words.
:wayhappy:

Reactions: Psyc0

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
6" to 10" predicted over night and into tomorrow here in Suffolk County, Long Island. Temp. down to +2F in the next night.

I am glad I got to ride my bike in a charity ride yesterday, Jan. 1, 2014.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Break out the sled dogs! I've got 1.5 inches! I wish I could still ski- perfect powder. Oh Well, another day off. I really wasn't ready to go back yet anyway!

·
Administrator
54,733 Posts
Geez....I recall many, many winters in WNY with 3 or 4 (or more) feet of snow falling per day.

My employer would have me operate the pay-loader for 8 to 10 hours daily, clearing two 25 acre compounds, or running the salt truck.
Then, after returning home, I'd have to plow for another hour or more with the 4X4.......whatta pita!

Think I prefer it way down here, where tomorrow will be a cold day at 60/45 F degrees, and I'll have to wear jeans instead of shorts. 8)

·
Premium Member
3,042 Posts
I'd have to plow for another hour or more with the 4X4.......whatta pita!

Think I prefer it way down here, where tomorrow will be a cold day at 60/45 F degrees, and I'll have to wear jeans instead of shorts. 8)
It really is miserable here right now. 50F and just won't stop raining. 23F at sunrise Friday Jan. 3rd.

Wind Map - East South Central United States Forecast

I would rather clean moldy poop filled horse stalls than to shovel snow. BTDT too.

·
Super Moderator
22,504 Posts
got today and tommorrow off so it can snow all it wants...gives me the perfect exuse to veg...eat...and lie about occupying space serving no useful purpose. Now to figure out an exuse to use to do the above when the spring time rolls along...

·
Registered
739 Posts
How did everyone make out with the storm? Its on its way up north to me tonight....so far nothing, but calling for a foot to foot and a half of the white stuff. If this storm doesn't get us, we have another on the way for Sunday. Gas in the snow blower, beer in the fridge, and the bikes wrapped up in the heated garage! Worst winter I can remember, but spring is coming....Right?
Mac

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
We're supposed to get 8"-10", snowing and blowing out there right now.

Supposed to be -14f tomorrow......brrr

1 - 17 of 17 Posts